Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

West Elm (furniture etc) opens June 18 at 2131 Yonge.
www.westelm.ca
96DB2A5D-930D-4EC1-AE00-8E40B781852F.jpeg

"Application:Sign Permit
TORONTO ON M4S 2A7
Ward 12: Toronto-St. Paul's
Application#:20 136475 SGN 00 SP
Accepted Date:Apr 23, 2020
Project:First Party
Work:New
Description:In conjunction with a multi-storey building on the premises, proposal to erect and display two wall signs and one overhanging structure sign, all illuminated and displaying static copy. The wall sign located on the second storey of the west elevation is 1.6 metres vertically by 7.62 metres horizontally at a height of 10.14 metres above grade. The wall sign located on the second storey of the south elevation is 1.79 metres vertically by 8.53 metres horizontally at a height of 10.34 metres above grade. The overhanging structure sign located on the first storey of the west elevation is 0.62 metres vertically by 2.95 metres horizontally at a height of 3.94 metres above grade. **Staples**"

Really like this one. Great job Freed and aA. I want to see this as a tower. No podium and about 60 storeys.

The more I look at this, the more I agree with you ^^.

I'd actually vote for a 60 storey office building (bad timing)... with black glazing :)

Yeah no kidding. I've had a literal lifetime of having to trek over to Leaside for office and school supplies.
I must concur.

The nearest Staples to Midtown Toronto are the Leaside location as you mentioned, as well as one at Yonge just south of the Summerhill LCBO (which is actually the closest Staples to Midtown), and one on Dufferin north of Lawrence. Those three are too far to walk comfortably from the intersection of Yonge and Eglinton.

A Midtown Toronto Staples would work wonders (and there's plenty of demand, especially with the condos and offices in the area). Same goes for a retail location for Canadian Tire (despite having its corporate head office in Midtown Toronto).

I'll probably be the minority here, but I'm disappointed by this project. The massing is just far too hulking and rather inconsiderate for the area. It's a project that might work better on Eglinton east of Yonge, but here it just feels awkward and massive. IMO it just feels too big for this site.

It's about time Staples came to Midtown!

Hmmm, 2nd floor here is supposed to be a Farm Boy; I suppose there's room for both, I had assumed FB was taking the entire space. But perhaps there's more sq ft than I was thinking. Staples is typically a fair sized footprint in its own right.

Hmmm, 2nd floor here is supposed to be a Farm Boy; I suppose there's room for both, I had assumed FB was taking the entire space. But perhaps there's more sq ft than I was thinking. Staples is typically a fair sized footprint in its own right.
Very interesting I didnt know about that. I guess that also means this Staples location will be much smaller compared to the location it will be replacing at Summerhill which is pretty large.

Back