Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Without the above grade permit, are they just finishing up the parking garage?

And also, any speculation on timing for the above grade permit considering the the structure on Dundonald has been demolished?

Sat Jun 20, 2020

DSCN7246.JPG

DSCN7247.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3bd1.jpeg

DSCN7249.JPG

Ramps are fun to watch come together during construction, especially these winding ones.

Kind of shocked they didn't use a parking elevator or automated parking system here. The ramp consumes so much of a small site.

i thought you unsubscribed from this thread? liar! :p
i know this building is valet parking only, so it would really have made a lot of sense to go elevator... who knows...

Kind of shocked they didn't use a parking elevator or automated parking system here. The ramp consumes so much of a small site.
They are using stackers in some parking spaces at least, and that large ramp doesn't go all the way down. The ramp gets more "efficient" after the valet level.

The valet pickup area is actually going to be on P1 (actually the second basement level), below the basement retail level. This requires a large loop ramp to get below the retail level. Drivers will go down the ramp currently being poured to that level, and drop their car off in about 2 dozen staging spaces. From there valet drivers will take the vehicles down into levels P2-P3, which has a wide variety of tandem, stacked, and regular parking spaces.

This motion looks like it will alleviate the last large barrier to the granting of an above ground permit assuming Mizrahi has all the funds in order: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.MM22.29
The owner is in a position to proceed with above-grade construction of the development on the development site but has not yet satisfied the third-party peer review and Record of Site Condition requirements for 14 Dundonald Street. This Motion proposes to direct the City Solicitor to request the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal to revise the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Order and to undertake the necessary amendments to the Agreement so that an above-grade building permit can be issued to the owner of the development site prior to the conveyance of 14 Dundonald Street to the City.

This Motion proposes to secure the future conveyance of 14 Dundonald Street, along with enhanced base park improvements to those lands, following the completion of the third-party peer review process and the filing of a Record of Site Condition but in any event no later than the earlier of subsequent potential development approvals for the development, occupancy of the development, and the date proposed by the Motion.

I may be misinterpreting, please correct me if I am!

Back