Toronto 3100 Bloor Street West | 57.5m | 16s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
3100 BLOOR ST W
Ward 03 - Etob. York District

The proposed development consists of a 13-storey mixed-use building comprised of residential and commercial uses at grade, and residential uses above. The building will provide a total of 319 residential units and a total gross floor area of 41,339 square metres, of which 40,896 square metres will be for residential use, and 443 square metres for non-residential uses along Bloor Street. The subject site includes lands both to the south of the TTC railway tracks (to include the proposed building), as well as lands to the north which will remain undeveloped.

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
20 151103 WET 03 OZ​
Jun 1, 2020​
Application Received​

No description yet, but I found these renderings from a cached Tridel webpage:

1591114334592.png

1591114358120.png

1591114378867.png

1591114403810.png

1591114431406.png

Last edited:
This would replace the original Humberview Chev Olds, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, and three homes on Montgomery Road. The building's volume will be enough to finally visually link the Kingsway area to Islington, and the ground level retail might also accomplish linking the shopping stretches on either side of the Mimico Creek into one. That would be great for the area!

Also, it will be interesting to see what they propose to do with the car dealership's parking lot north of the subway bridge. Park dedication?

3100BloorGAV.jpg
3100BloorGSV.png

Last edited:
If this ever comes to fruition as currently rendered, I would be thoroughly shocked and impressed with Tridel.

On a side note; although i'm not opposed to this car dealership going because it's an odd location for one to be in, but it was a pretty convenient location.

Last edited:
If this ever comes to fruition as currently rendered, I would be thoroughly shocked and impressed with Tridel.

On a side note; although i'm not opposed to this car dealership going because it's an odd location for one to be in, it was a pretty convenient location.
Ehhhh, that car dealership's been a blight on that stretch of Bloor forever. Besides, what's even more convenient are subway dealerships .5 km west at Islington and another one .5 km east at Royal York.

Ehhhh, that car dealership's been a blight on that stretch of Bloor forever. Besides, what's even more convenient are subway dealerships .5 km west at Islington and another one .5 km east at Royal York.

In an ideal world we should have more subway dealerships than car deleaships, but I digress.

It's just Kirkor biting off more than they can chew. If it looked like that at then end, eh, I guess. But it won't, so bleh.

Great news - the Kingsway area is filling in nicely with a number of projects from Montgomery to Prince Edward. Build something similar on the awful Green P lot immediately to the west of the creek and you'll have a continuous, walkable retail stretch all the way to Islington station and beyond.

Great news - the Kingsway area is filling in nicely with a number of projects from Montgomery to Prince Edward. Build something similar on the awful Green P lot immediately to the west of the creek and you'll have a continuous, walkable retail stretch all the way to Islington station and beyond.

The renderings show little retail space relative to how wide the frontage is on Bloor Street. The prominent corner looks like it'll be a large condo lobby. Then, there's some dead space followed by a retail space, followed by a section of ground-level condos with some forgettable landscaping along the sidewalk.

Frankly, it seems like a step backwards to include so little commercial space along Bloor Street given the easy subway access and how pedestrian friendly Bloor Street generally is.

I'm not a fan of the parking lot either, but I maybe a parkland gap in the retail strip is A-OK too.

There's the issue of being right next to a flood-prone creek too......

Mimico Creek at Bloor St.
by Vic Gedris, on Flickr

Kingsway Animal Hospital
by Vic Gedris, on Flickr

Mimico Creek
by Vic Gedris, on Flickr

Mimico Creek
by Vic Gedris, on Flickr

This would be an incredible development ! A sexy midrise on Bloor / Montgromery would work well here ... and Perhaps some street front retail with restaurants and patio would be a bonus.

Back