News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 569     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 872     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

How far was the york university busway to finch? I felt like they could've used that for a link between finch west and finch. Make an lrt or put an articulated bus on it or something. You can't tell me the 984 and 939 (or even the crosstown) are good alternatives to switch between the west-east part of line 1 (and vice versa). I felt like this busway could've been utilized in another way post subway extension opening with either extending it to finch or sheppard-yonge

And yes i know the 939 uses the busway for a bit but does that truly make a difference?

The hydro corridors need to be explored for potentials for busways or LRT or some kind of transit system, absolutely.

There are proposals constantly to use them, from GO-ALRT to a busway plan

But there are always many hurdles. You have to deal with the hydro companies, there are those big hydro towers in the way, which can cause issues with people with pace makers, much of the land is uneven or has obstacles like buildings, valleys, lakes, etc.

However I still agree, I think extending the busway along the Finch hydro corridor all the way to the Finch East GO station being planned, would be a cheap and effective way to add an express bus service to the TTC. Perhaps even let GO Buses use it, like with the Mississauga Transitway.

The hydro corridors need to be explored for potentials for busways or LRT or some kind of transit system, absolutely.

There are proposals constantly to use them, from GO-ALRT to a busway plan

But there are always many hurdles. You have to deal with the hydro companies, there are those big hydro towers in the way, which can cause issues with people with pace makers, much of the land is uneven or has obstacles like buildings, valleys, lakes, etc.

However I still agree, I think extending the busway along the Finch hydro corridor all the way to the Finch East GO station being planned, would be a cheap and effective way to add an express bus service to the TTC. Perhaps even let GO Buses use it, like with the Mississauga Transitway.

You mean this?

I cam up with that years ago.

MTO traffic camera: Hwy 400 near Finch.

See link.

1592056118404.png

I'm curious.................will Finch LRT be extended to the new Woodbine GO/RER station? I appreciate that Woodbine was announced well after planning for the Finch LRT took place but it seems like a natural extension and isn't very far. It would be an excellent transfer point for all kinds of destination............Pearson and York U being the obvious examples. I think the ridership level on the line would soar with relatively very little extra money.

I'm curious.................will Finch LRT be extended to the new Woodbine GO/RER station? I appreciate that Woodbine was announced well after planning for the Finch LRT took place but it seems like a natural extension and isn't very far. It would be an excellent transfer point for all kinds of destination............Pearson and York U being the obvious examples. I think the ridership level on the line would soar with relatively very little extra money.
I think it would be a good idea to do it. Most talk of extending the line west involve going to Pearson via Highway 27, but at least one Metrolinx document has brought up the possibility of just extending to the Woodbine GO station. I imagine that Metronlinx places more of a priority on having the line continue eastwards to Yonge, though.

It shows up on the Woodbine plans

1592160056556.png

I'm assuming that a night bus will replace the Finch West LRT between 2 AM and 5 AM. Too bad. Would be nice to see a Blue Night LRT that combines Eglinton and Finch West LRTs.
I don't see why the 336/339 interlined route would change at all. It's probably the best left unchanged.

I think it would be a good idea to do it. Most talk of extending the line west involve going to Pearson via Highway 27, but at least one Metrolinx document has brought up the possibility of just extending to the Woodbine GO station. I imagine that Metronlinx places more of a priority on having the line continue eastwards to Yonge, though.

Since Pearson's transit hub details are uncertain, I think it would be smart to add at two more stops at Woodbine Centre and Woodbine GO station. Both would be high volume stations and probably the highest rider per extension of the past 30 years. They don't have to wait and could start to plan it out right now and probably could even have shovels in the ground before the Finch LRT is finished.

It shows up on the Woodbine plans

View attachment 251428
Hopefully this happens so we can get a better connection to humber college. West Brampton and anywhere west of it on the Kitchener line will benefit from this as so far, they have to connect to the Steeles buses from Bramalea GO and the buses don’t go inside the station so it’s kinda stressful. Kitchener line riders can just transfer at woodbine to the finch west, and hopefully a new fare integration gets put into place

Back