DSCN5861.JPG

DSCN5863.JPG

DSCN5870.JPG

DSCN5872.JPG

DSCN5873.JPG

DSCN5874.JPG

DSCN5875.JPG

DSCN5876.JPG

A beautiful late Sunday morning - good time to go to the park - nowhere near as crowded as it was yesterday - or otherwise relax. Except for those who are working today...

20200524_123630.jpg

And there is a small crew in at The Well this Sunday - raising the north crane on the office tower up to its new level.

20200524_123526.jpg

Nice! I wonder what kind of tenants will occupy Wellington Market and the shopping areas.

As always with projects, don't judge a project by its first bit of cladding. Almost always worth waiting until it comes together a bit more.
I know, the more green glass we get on this thing, the worse it gets! No-one can really know just how bad this will look when it's all done!

(Plus the Xs appear to be purely decorative, not structural, so that's another rip.)

I haven't seen the glass in person, but above the rather unfortunate podium levels, this glass reads as more blue than green to me? I would have liked something a bit more silver, but this feels like a solid "not bad" to me so far.

I know, the more green glass we get on this thing, the worse it gets! No-one can really know just how bad this will look when it's all done!

(Plus the Xs appear to be purely decorative, not structural, so that's another rip.)

Was just about to say that. The green glass just ruined what could have been a pretty decent, technical looking tower. The "fake-news" struts, is another reason to be disappointed. Is RIO-CAN responsible for these decisions, or HPA? Whoever it was should be given their walking papers.

Was just about to say that. The green glass just ruined what could have been a pretty decent, technical looking tower. The "fake-news" struts, is another reason to be disappointed. Is RIO-CAN responsible for these decisions, or HPA? Whoever it was should be given their walking papers.
I believe that the struts, when first proposed by HPA, absolutely were structural, but they got VEed out, along with the higher quality glass and a number of aesthetic and structural moves in the ground realm areas of the tower… and naturally, it's ultimately the people holding the purse strings telling the architects, "We want this, but cheaper".

The X's were *always* decorative. The green glass is a more recent, unfortunate, development.

I haven't seen the glass in person, but above the rather unfortunate podium levels, this glass reads as more blue than green to me? I would have liked something a bit more silver, but this feels like a solid "not bad" to me so far.

But not as great as it could have been, or we had hoped. A "B", perhaps.

AoD

Back