Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I forgot to mention that the renders really exaggerate the width of the rectangular portions of the tower.... as the model hints, they are much narrower, less "clunky" and slab-like than the renders suggest.

In a nutshell, this tower soars... and if half of it (the curved curtainwall portions in particular) are clad well, then G+C hate aside, this will be a very groovy skyscraper.

Has anyone taken a walk in this neighbourhood lately? Murano is turning into a real gem, and the canyon is almost overwhelming (at least by Canuck standards).

Throw in BA, Trump, Burano and St. Joseph X 2, 4 Seasons, perhaps 1 City Hall phase 2 and the rumoured office tower across from the ACC..... you've got unbelievable, non-stop height/density from the Gardiner to north of Bloor on Bay Street.

It's unfortunate that there's not much room at street level on Bay to make this canyon special in very many places. Luckily the sun will still find its way up Bay for part of the day.

Yeah I dropped into the sales centre and finally figured it out.

They've taken the ascending curve of the west roof-line up to its own pinnacle rather than just joining the bottom of the east roof... so it's slightly taller than the bottom of the east curved roof... creating a sort of off-kilter X in profile.... very, very handsome nonetheless.

The podium and the 40 storey "square" portion of the west side of the tower actually run in parallel to Bay street, but the podium and the 50 storey "square" portion of the east side of the tower both flare out on an angle towards Yonge. Very interesting look.

The completely transparent model is quite extraordinary (worth the visit) but leaves alot to the imagination regarding materials.... I'd actually love to the see the entire building clad in low-iron transparent glass.

The sales staff confirmed the developer is asking for an extra 10 floors (85 total) so I suppose 291 metres isn't impossible.

that podium really sets up the streetwall well, beautiful! the widened sidewalks will also be very welcome.

Back