News   Mar 28, 2024
 94     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 558     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 357     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

That's right, Canada is enough of a mess as it is; we ought not to deal w/any nation that can't get its head around Metric!

As soon as they adopt metric, we can reconsider dealing w/them!

You tell them!

?

I'm fine with that.

It could cease to exist and my life would go on as before.

Some challenges that we'll have to face as well eventually:

German restaurants reopen with pandemic measures in place

After being shut down for two months, some restaurants in Germany have opened again. But owners and guests are facing new challenges, as DW discovered in the capital, Berlin.

Ontario should start testing asymptomatic people for COVID-19, infectious disease expert says

Thursday, May 21, 2020

The provincial government recently announced that it would be opening up testing to all people experiencing symptoms of the virus, a directive Dr. Isaac Bogoch suggests is long overdue.

“That seems like the obvious thing to do,” Bogoch said during an interview with CP24 on Thursday morning. “Before people were getting turned (away) from diagnostic testing centres because they might not have met the criteria.”

Bogoch, an infectious disease expert and researcher based at Toronto General Hospital, noted that other provinces have started to test asymptomatic people and the results have been illuminating.

“Alberta started testing asymptomatic individuals. In fact, they tested 1,000 asymptomatic individuals in and around the Calgary area and they found 50 positive people. Imagine how helpful that is in getting the epidemic under control,” he said.

“I'm not sure if it is a capacity issue or if it is just a sluggish policy issue or something in between but we are not doing that yet in Ontario…I hope that changes soon.”

We should just test everyone in Canada. That's about 38 million tests, not a massively huge amount. Anyone who is positive is isolated, anyone who is negative is free to roam.
Your solution is a bit simplistic. For one, as public health officials have repeatedly said, a negative result today doesn't imply a negative tomorrow, or the day after. A second consideration is that isolating everyone who is positive isn't possible - what about those in LTCs who require care (and, thus, continued exposure to COVID negative caretakers), what the family of 4 who lives in an apartment and has 1 positive, what about those who just don't follow the rules (I don't see us going the way of Wuhan and welding people's doors shut). What sounds like a nice suggestion, is not a fool proof way to re-open and end the virus.

We should just test everyone in Canada. That's about 38 million tests, not a massively huge amount. Anyone who is positive is isolated, anyone who is negative is free to roam.

They are negative until they are positive. Unless you test everyone the same day your idea is a non starter.

All it takes is one person to infect someone who initially tested negative.

I could test negative today and be cleared under your system but tomorrow I could come into contact with Corona Mona tomorrow and be positive while still being allowed to roam.

Good idea but impractical

The issue is that to most of the population under 30 or even 40 they would not even care to get tested as they would not feel it does not impact them much.

As downward trend stalls, Ford says he 'won't hesitate' to roll things back if COVID-19 cases spike

May 20, 2020

The downward trend of new COVID-19 cases in the province appears to have stalled as nearly 400 additional cases of the virus were confirmed on Tuesday.

Wednesday's daily epidemiologic summary, which provides data from the previous day, confirmed that there were 390 new COVID-19 infections on Tuesday, down slightly from the 427 that were reported on Monday.

While there have been promising signs that case growth is slowing in Ontario, the recent numbers show that new cases are not consistently declining in the province.

---------------
Premier Doug Ford said he was a little "shocked" by the decrease in testing in recent days.

"We are going to ramp up the testing like this province has never seen," Ford said at Queen's Park on Wednesday. “I’m going to be all over this testing."

"If we see the numbers start spiking, we will roll things back in a heartbeat," Ford said Wednesday. "The health and wellbeing of people in the province is my number one priority."

Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott said Wednesday that anyone exhibiting symptoms of the virus who goes to an assessment centre will be tested.

"We are ramping up the testing across the board with all of the public health units," she said. "We can’t open up things to Stage 2 until we can fully assess what the effects are of Stage 1 in the community."

My prediction is unless we see hospitals get overwhelmed the general public rather have things stay open then lockdown in the summer.
I am seeing people develop a rather cavalier attitude especially here in the burbs.

Just Crown land camping would be fine.

No, no, no....that's much too packed with people indoors blah blah arbitrary nonsense blah blah stay home....and shop, but camping in severe isolation will kill us all. Go golfing instead blah blah blah.....by "physical distance" we actually meant tripping over each other in Metro and CT, not actually physical distance. Silly.
Economy. Work, work, work...no leisure. Work!

....bunch of wank stains.

I stopped paying attention when it became crystal that my value to these people is as a cash cow and purely economic input. I'm done. Eyes glazed. Best of luck.

My prediction is unless we see hospitals get overwhelmed the general public rather have things stay open then lockdown in the summer.
I am seeing people develop a rather cavalier attitude especially here in the burbs.
I have also noticed this too now that retailers are opening back up. In my area, Thornhill, you see people who don't care at all about Covid-19 and wearing PPE. Even to the point of people saying it's exaggerated by the government and really nothing; just a typical flu. Personally I am shocked at such responses but on the other hand it's sort of expected when a huge population of the area are from Russian speaking countries and have lived under Soviet regimes.

Prior to this week and officially allowing some retailers to reopen, I've noticed that there were long lines to get into the local Walmart and Dollarama literally everyday (20-30 min wait). I want to say that people are there for essential things but my suspicions are that people are bored and just can't stay indoors.

We live in a country where we stay mostly indoors from November to Late April in many parts of it.

I am not shocked people want to be outdoors.

Last edited:

Back