Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Sikander and Michael have u guys seen any movement or heard anything on the site?

There are small crews going into work every day, the weather seems to limit the outside work as they're working mostly on glazing and waterproofing the roof as far as I can see from my side.

Working on waterproofing the roof, first day in a week or two that is hasn't been raining or windy

IMG_2761.jpeg

I was out walking earlier today and Bixied home by way of the sidewalk/bike path on the north side of Lake Shore. They are busily building the entrance curbs and sidewalk for the GO bus station. Lots of workers and not much separation.

That podium thing on the west wide fronting Yonge for Phase 2 is unarguably the ugliest thing about this whole project. That's not saying much because the project as a while is a stunning breath of fresh air, but that building block is just not right at all.

I'm glad something very substantial is "bridging the gap" (search UT archives) but of course this is more a gift to CIBC south and eventually north employees.. not really a transformative new connection in the pubilc realm.

Don't believe Spadina to Bathurst mega deck concepts are realistic... there's a possible piece of the puzzle added if the west of the convention centre proposal kept its promise.

I sort of think one day we'll get some more hefty park rail corridor overbuilds ($). And maybe one other extra puzzle piece.

But the rail corridor will be our equivalent of cities with bridges (much dryer/though not auto-centric).

So far we have a Cityplace pedestrian bridge.

I heard that construction on the tower will stop. Only the area around the bus terminal will continue as it's transportation-related but people are saying construction will continue on the whole tower because of the bus terminal exemption. Can anyone shed more light on this?

Back