Toronto 88 North (88 Queen East) | 90.52m | 27s | St Thomas Dev | Arcadis

ED201241-AC79-423F-A7D1-94111D11DEEA.jpeg

Honestly I wish they used the podium's facade design for the tower, and then used a brick design for the podium.

The current problem is that there's simply not enough 'randomness' in the tower's design (in the window grid & the balcony placement) to make the whole 56 Leonard concept work.

Honestly I wish they used the podium's facade design for the tower, and then used a brick design for the podium.

The current problem is that there's simply not enough 'randomness' in the tower's design (in the window grid & the balcony placement) to make the whole 56 Leonard concept work.
yes, particularly looking from the angle of the pic just posted above.

Also, it seems the pace for building this tower is very slow.

Agreed - the semi enclosed balcony system from Lumon is a real selling feature - especially given Toronto's weather. It makes much more sense to have a 3 season balcony...especially, given the price per square foot of interior space.

Totally agree it is a great selling feature. What sucks though it was really a bait and switch. 3 years later in 2019, the Developer comes back and say, too bad, can't do it. Supplier can't produce a reliable product was their excuse. We are converting the plan to regular open balconies. Don't like it well here is your money back. Good luck finding another downtown condo at 2016 prices! And if you don't cancel the purchase, by the way tough luck, you paid a premium but you get ZERO compensation. We built this wiggle room into our contract. Also they kept marketing this as 88 North or 88 Queen St. E. Upon move in Owners find out the address is really a glamorous 77 Shuter.

Last edited:
Totally agree it is a great selling feature. What sucks though it was really a bait and switch. 3 years later in 2019, the Developer comes back and say, too bad, can't do it. Supplier can't produce a reliable product was their excuse. We are converting the plan to regular open balconies. Don't like it well here is your money back. Good luck finding another downtown condo at 2016 prices! And if you don't cancel the purchase, by the way tough luck, you paid a premium but you get ZERO compensation. We built this wiggle room into our contract. Also they kept marketing this as 88 North or 88 Queen St. E. Upon move in Owners find out the address is really a glamorous 77 Shuter.
Anyone who bought into a building on Shuter who didn't think the address would be on Shuter… ayayay! 88 North has always been just a marketing name.

Queen (and Dalhousie) isn't exactly the most glamorous address, either. I mean, I lived in the neighbourhood for years and loved it, but let's not kid ourselves. And with the recent developments to the north I think I'd actually prefer to be on the Shuter side than the Queen side, but maybe that's just me.

Back