Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

Well the only thing we know for sure right now is Cresford is officially finished...
PWC running the process to sell Clover and Halo...
Apparently the YSL sale process is still ongoing, probably delayed for obvious reasons... Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely that that can go back to the 99-storey version with the indented roof terrace... which was just leaps and bounds better than anything we have seen proposed, let alone built, in Toronto...

Please dear God, I hope Concord has magically gone out to space for the next 6 months so they dont hear of any new news on the availability of this site for development.
Fingers crossed! This will be a hot mess if Concord gets their hands on it

"The application for receivership was made by bcIMC Construction Fund Corporation and bcIMC Specialty Fund Corporation." So bcIMC owns the debt I presume. I wonder if they'd sell it to their real-estate equity arm (QuadReal)? Although typically there are different clients invested in each investing arm, so there may be some conflicts of interest issues.

Please dear God, I hope Concord has magically gone out to space for the next 6 months so they dont hear of any new news on the availability of this site for development.
I don't think this development would interest Concord. They seem more into building entire communities, not one off buildings.

Well the only thing we know for sure right now is Cresford is officially finished...
PWC running the process to sell Clover and Halo...
Apparently the YSL sale process is still ongoing, probably delayed for obvious reasons... Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely that that can go back to the 99-storey version with the indented roof terrace... which was just leaps and bounds better than anything we have seen proposed, let alone built, in Toronto...

you mean the design that the city rejected become it put a shadow for a couple of hours on Allen garden in fall?
unless the city changes in reg. you will never see that design again

I am guessing Lanterra, Daniels, Tridel or Menkes will buy the projects.

I'd say Great Gulf or Pinnacle but both are pretty busy right now with their big projects. GG hasn't even acted on Mirvish yet and that's a huge project to undertake. Pinnacle has the massive One Yonge project.

west
I am guessing Lanterra, Daniels, Tridel or Menkes will buy the projects.

I'd say Great Gulf or Pinnacle but both are pretty busy right now with their big projects. GG hasn't even acted on Mirvish yet and that's a huge project to undertake. Pinnacle has the massive One Yonge project.
Hopefully Oxford on this one

I'm sad that Cresford bit the dust... solid projects (better than many). Since I'm not privy to court proceedings, or who actually steered the ship.. I'll riff on an old joke "what do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A good start. How would you improve this situation? Two thousand accountants in the same place".

Maybe some solid Cresford city builders will rise from the ashes.

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of past Oxford condo projects?
They have partnered with Daniels in Mississauga now, and are starting rental projects in Scarborough as well.

That said, I don't see Oxford picking any of these up. They are more about intensifying existing assets than buying up and developing high risk condo projects.

A risk-averse pension fund is going to buy a distressed, sold-out, condo project with a self-performed construction element and take it across a distant, litigious, finish line?

Back