News   Apr 15, 2024
 982     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 655     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

That’s a silly expectation, and besides don’t these people live right beside the GO/VIA tracks? There’s your noise.

Cherry and King is a fair distance from the railway tracks, almost half a kilometer in one direction and well over half in the other.

Dan

4403 has been out all day testing today spending lots of time on St. Clair and at Hillcrest. Will probably be in service well before 4406 ever is.

4404 was off loaded Friday after been shipped to Quebec on October 29, 2018. That 501 days off site and they must built a replacement for it for that length of time. If it takes as long as 4406 to reenter service, it will be almost 2 years out of service.

4409 is on its way to Quebec as of Friday.

4406 back out on the service track.

4405 GPS is all over the place.

4403 was back out testing Tues and Wed this week and that now 6 days of testing.

One of the three cars at Thunder Bay has been released. Don't have a car number as yet.

- Paul
Most likely 4471 that was used as a PR photo about month ago that it was ready to be ship to TTC

4406 is out on 511 this afternoon
After 90 days being here it finally has reenter service. Wasn't sure if it would see service today or tomorrow after it was moved from the service track to in service track early this morning when I posted updates..

4403 could be the next car follow by 4405. Lets see how long it will be for 4404 to start testing..

Last edited:
20200316_163525.jpg

4401 has arrived back at Lambton Yard, not 4471, and will be moved over Hillcrest by this evening. 4471/4478 will be the last two to arrive.
That beat my June projection, but then gave them more time with a smaller crew. Car could be in service between March 28 to April 5 based on past car testing and off loaded Friday. This will close the book for new cars given the fact 4401 arrived June 17, 2013 as a prototype and only taken close to 7 years to be a production car in service.

I assumed it was 4471 in transit based on the past PR for it and why not here as stated??

Once 4471 & 4478 leave, either pink slips or move over to finish GO Coaches until they start working on Metrolinx cars for the signalling system.

Last edited:
That beat my June projection, but then gave them more time with a smaller crew. Car could be in service between March 28 to April 5 based on past car testing ans off loaded Friday. This will close the book for new cars.

I assumed it was 4471 in transit based on the past PR for it and why not here as stated??

Once 4471 & 4478 leave, either pink slips or move over to finish GO Coaches until they start working on Metrolinx cars for the signalling system.

It will be pink slips sadly for a lot of TB workers

Back