News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 658     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 931     0 

35 Walmer (rental, 8s, Roberts & Caunter)

B

brentster

Does anyone know anything about the project at Spadina and Lowther (NW corner), which is one block north of Bloor/Spadina. They have cut into the parking garage below, have erected a large crane, and appear to be starting on a new building. I wonder if this is a new apartmetn building or condo.

Re: Any info? Crane up at Spadina and Lowther (1 blk N of B

I was wondering about that too when I was in the area recently.

I'm not 100% sure, but it is my understanding that this site and a few other rental properties around the GTA in the 'tower-in-the-park' style are carving up their properties to maximize space and construct new rental towers.

^yes

Yes.. I am not sure how tall it is but they are using the "park" to build another property.

This is as mentioned, an addition to the current rental property site. I recall a city report being posted on this forum some time ago. I know that the rental complex at Bloor and Dovercourt is adding a 4th building as well although construction has yet to begin.

Spadina Rd rental

Who knows what this building is called? I believe it had problems with construction deficiencies--supports placed in wrong position perhaps? It appears to be moving foward and is almost complete. Not too bad looking and I hope more towers-in-the-park get similar treatment.

Click on me please:) Taken 02/04/08

That's the type of stuff that MCC should be building for the sake of densifying and creating streetwalls, but isn't.

I was very excited to see the sign for this project in 2006. More owners of towers in the park should do this - filling up waste greenspace with a building that goes right up to the street.

That's the type of stuff that MCC should be building for the sake of densifying and creating streetwalls, but isn't.

Wont be happening any time soon. There is still too much empty land in MCC waiting to be filled.

Unknown Spadina Project

I was walking through the Annex today, and kind of getting lost (I don't know the neighbourhood too well) and I spotted this un-marked building just about completing construction, I'm sure it has a name, an address, and a thread already devoted to it, but... since i don't know which project it is... I couldn't locate it in the development index... help?

from April 8

2399768126_c009a9344c_b.jpg

2399767296_f6659c5881_b.jpg

2398934175_25cd9d203b_b.jpg

It's a rental apartment building, built on what used to be part of the green space surrounding the Uno Prii apartment building behind it.

Back