Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

It's only been what, 2 weeks, since the elevator went in service? what a joke

No comment. LoL. Technicians was stationed on opening day and subsequent days on 14 hour shifts to ensure the elevators were working properly. Everything was fine. The second the technician leaves, the elevator breaks down. A contingency was required for just this scenario.

Last edited:
It's only been what, 2 weeks, since the elevator went in service? what a joke
The problem is not that the elevator failed (they often do) but that repair crew took a while to appear (if they did). Frankly, it's good they have an alternative and one day the 'balcony route' will be open all the time and, ideally, the elevator will work!

Last edited:
Bay is better than York. It's been decided. The openness, material and lighting choices, and logical pathfinding make it a winner in my books. :)
You may be right but I would hold off on celebrating until we see how it looks after GO do their setting up and it gets filled with people (and York gets emptier).

53600CD9-597D-4D18-B8E4-D3A41756EB59.jpeg
2EE0DC44-D470-4823-A734-D714D75E7571.jpeg
DF18C661-C1A6-40AB-9F26-49469C19E36B.jpeg
A72DFD37-02C4-4F9F-AAED-E0CA0D5BE6F9.jpeg
AA8B89CB-9862-48E4-BE6B-E10DF1BD1298.jpeg

You may be right but I would hold off on celebrating until we see how it looks after GO do their setting up and it gets filled with people (and York gets emptier).
The Bay concourse will definitely go back to being the default for most travelers, especially the occasional ones who come into Union from Bay or Front St. or from the subway because it's a straight route in. Add in Scotiabank Arena crowds and the York concourse should thin out quite a bit in the off-peak hours. The designs will reflect its role as the primary waiting area.

The Bay concourse will definitely go back to being the default for most travelers, especially the occasional ones who come into Union from Bay or Front St. or from the subway because it's a straight route in. Add in Scotiabank Arena crowds and the York concourse should thin out quite a bit in the off-peak hours. The designs will reflect its role as the primary waiting area.

Agreed. York very much has a feel of "the other concourse". Unless I'm bound for somewhere west of Union (Rogers Centre, etc), I'm likely to use the Bay Concourse once it opens.

They really need to fix the decrepit team ways. They look absolutely disgusting when it rains. All that rain water, mixed with debris and dirt and leaking ceiling. You feel like you are in a 3rd world country.

They really need to fix the decrepit team ways. They look absolutely disgusting when it rains. All that rain water, mixed with debris and dirt and leaking ceiling. You feel like you are in a 3rd world country.
They are going to be fixed, Metrolinx are working (and have been for ages) waterproofing under the tracks that are above them. No point on doing work inside until the leaks are dealt with.

Back