Toronto Sidewalk Toronto at Quayside | ?m | ?s | Sidewalk | Snøhetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Sorry if this is irrevelant, however I am unable to open new threads, that's why I am writing here.

I am a Ph.D. student from Turkey. Currently I am visiting McMaster University for my Ph.D.dissertation.
I am trying to apply a survey, can you help me by filling that? It only takes 10-12 minutes.
Also I am doing interviews related to Sidewalk Labs Queyside project. I've interviewed with 20 proffesionals and experts on thesubject so far. However, I also want to have citizen perspective on the subject. It is mostly about participation and incluson of the citizens into this project. Could anyone who is interested in the subject have ınterview with me over skype?

With your permission I am leaving the link of the survey to here. You can also see more about my personal information in the link.

George Brown College & Sidewalk Labs to explore urban innovation projects together

George Brown College and Sidewalk Labs announced on November 28, 2019 that we’ve signed a letter of intent to work together and explore projects that relate to innovative community programming, including opportunities to enhance digital literacy and technology skills.

“We are excited about the opportunities Sidewalk Labs can bring to Toronto, and its vision for a more innovative city,” says Anne Sado, President, George Brown College. “We look forward to collaborating in order to deliver true urban innovation to our students, partners and the great City of Toronto.”

Sidewalk Labs dangles $10M for venture capital fund if Toronto Quayside is approved

By Donovan VincentHousing Reporter
Tues., Nov. 26, 2019

Sidewalk Labs Aims to Add Canadian Google HQ Into Toronto Plans
“We’re in discussions with Waterfront Toronto as well as with Google and Alphabet about if we can move it over to Quayside,”
.https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-13/sidewalk-labs-aims-to-add-canadian-google-hq-into-toronto-plans

Last edited:
I foresee Diamond Schmitt, Sweeny & Co, or some other local heroes being awarded this dream project ... and inevitably designing some big blue Toronto clunker for Google's Canadian HQ ? Prove me wrong Alphabet!

There's lots of information in that link - plus the other links within the article

1*gZy1IN1Blq19AIe2EHC5og.jpeg

1*7FDYLha07eHIXJGqkkh_dQ.gif

Timber exoskeleton and mass damper at the top

1*z0PScS2nI2AuaBOL4R1lFQ.gif

The PMX team wishes to thank the exceptional consultants who have helped make this work possible: Aercoustics, Aspect Structural Engineers, Atelier Ten, CadMakers, Gensler, Integral, JE Dunn Construction, Michael Green Architecture, RDH, Sweco, and Vortex Fire.

Last edited:
"Waterfront Toronto is trying to block a legal attempt by the Canadian Civil Liberties Association to shut down its proposed smart-city development with Sidewalk Labs on privacy grounds, arguing that its case is “speculative” and “premature.”"
From G&M - blocked content.

1581300240849.png

Haven't seen this rendering before, maybe it was posted in higher resolution somewhere.

Still, I find it pretty brazen of them to outright claim the Portlands as their playground. This image was taken from an article about Sidewalk Toronto in ULI's UrbanLand magazine, in which they make their intentions of building out the Portlands both unambiguous and matter-of-fact as though it wasn't even up to debate.

View attachment 230140

Haven't seen this rendering before, maybe it was posted in higher resolution somewhere.

Still, I find it pretty brazen of them to outright claim the Portlands as their playground. This image was taken from an article about Sidewalk Toronto in ULI's UrbanLand magazine, in which they make their intentions of building out the Portlands both unambiguous and matter-of-fact as though it wasn't even up to debate.
I don't recall them ever claiming the entirety of the Portlands... Even in their planning documents they show the scale of their site being limited to a northern section of this development. From my understanding these renders are more of a "imagine how this whole space will feel in the future" with their experimental portion being a highlight.

. But they are building nothing and trying to stealtake portland opportunities.

Call me back when a Sidewalk building is u/c.
Sorry but nobody in the near future, is building anything down there, kind of reminds me of the CityPlace lands in the 90s where very few wanted to invest.
yeah call me when a neighbourhood down there is u/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back