85     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 225     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Dollarama

The location at Carlaw & Gerrard

20200203_145005.jpg

A picture of poverty. That No Frills and Dollarama combo...like the combo we have here in South Parkdale.

Dammit, working hard and making more money has turned me into a douchebag snob. ?

A picture of poverty. That No Frills and Dollarama combo...like the combo we have here in South Parkdale.

Dammit, working hard and making more money has turned me into a douchebag snob. ?

To be fair I would have to be pretty damn poor to shop at Dollerama but No Frills actually is not bad.

To be fair I would have to be pretty damn poor to shop at Dollerama but No Frills actually is not bad.

No Frills can be alright, I agree. My local one is not, however.
And yeah, I absolutely hate the cheap disposable shit that places like Dollaram peddle. It's ecologically devastating rubbish.

I mean, the stench of the place....that dirty rank reek of shitty cheap plastics. Gtfo.

No Frills can be alright, I agree. My local one is not, however.
And yeah, I absolutely hate the cheap disposable shit that places like Dollaram peddle. It's ecologically devastating rubbish.

I mean, the stench of the place....that dirty rank reek of shitty cheap plastics. Gtfo.

It's time that you make the trek up to either the No Frills @ Lansdowne & Dundas W or the one at Dufferin Mall. Those ones are way better than the Parkdale location.

Admittedly, I get lazy sometimes and I just end up going to the closest option to me which is Food Basics at Lansdowne & Dupont which is relatively decent and they sell beer as well.

It's time that you make the trek up to either the No Frills @ Lansdowne & Dundas W or the one at Dufferin Mall. Those ones are way better than the Parkdale location.

Admittedly, I get lazy sometimes and I just end up going to the closest option to me which is Food Basics at Lansdowne & Dupont which is relatively decent and they sell beer as well.

I have been to the one up Lansdowne at Dundas and it's alright except for their seafood which is all from China because it's contracted out. I eat mad amounts of fish but I have a serious boycott of product from China going on almost two years now (for real, don't test me). Also, I try to buy food from as close to home as possible (like Georgian Bay trout, ie).

Also, I am not going anywhere near Dufferin Mall. I hate malls....especially run down ones. I'm ok with my bougie overpriced supermarkets: the local Longo's and Metro and the Queens Quay Loblaws when it's on my way home from work.

For a budget mall within a stone's throw from Yorkdale, the Lawrence Allen Centre (which is a short walking distance from where I live) has a Dollarama that is well stocked. It also has a well renovated Fortinos that (though I am strictly teetotal for health reasons) sells beer and wine.

I have been to the one up Lansdowne at Dundas and it's alright except for their seafood which is all from China because it's contracted out. I eat mad amounts of fish but I have a serious boycott of product from China going on almost two years now (for real, don't test me). Also, I try to buy food from as close to home as possible (like Georgian Bay trout, ie).

Also, I am not going anywhere near Dufferin Mall. I hate malls....especially run down ones. I'm ok with my bougie overpriced supermarkets: the local Longo's and Metro and the Queens Quay Loblaws when it's on my way home from work.

Years ago when I was in my early to mid-twenties working my first full-time time job after graduation in downtown, I would go to all the higher end supermarkets for their snacks and ready to eat meals. Loblaws @ MLG, Longos @ Dundas & Elizabeth, Sobeys Urban Fresh @ Bay & College, Whole Foods @ Yorkville...went to them all. But that was when I was still living at home with my folks and had that extra money to spend.

Now that I'm on the cusp of turning 30 later this year and managing all expenses and sustaining my own property, it's the budget grocers for me. No Frills and Food Basics are the go-to's for me. There's also Nations Experience @ Stockyards if I want to make my way out there.

Years ago when I was in my early to mid-twenties working my first full-time time job after graduation in downtown, I would go to all the higher end supermarkets for their snacks and ready to eat meals. Loblaws @ MLG, Longos @ Dundas & Elizabeth, Sobeys Urban Fresh @ Bay & College, Whole Foods @ Yorkville...went to them all. But that was when I was still living at home with my folks and had that extra money to spend.

Now that I'm on the cusp of turning 30 later this year and managing all expenses and sustaining my own property, it's the budget grocers for me. No Frills and Food Basics are the go-to's for me. There's also Nations Experience @ Stockyards if I want to make my way out there.
How about the grocery section of the Wal-Mart Supercentre in Dufferin Mall?

Oh, and Dufferin Mall has a Dollarama tucked in the basement.

How about the grocery section of the Wal-Mart Supercentre in Dufferin Mall?

It's still pretty uncommon for me to buy groceries at Wal-Mart. If I'm at Dufferin Mall then I'd most likely shop at No Frills because I'm used to doing so and plus I collect Optimum Points.

I absolutely hate the cheap disposable shit that places like Dollaram peddle. It's ecologically devastating rubbish.

I'm still using the computer mouse I bought for $3.00 at Dollarama 3 or 4 years ago...........great bargain!

How do you avoid buying Chinese? I'm always looking to avoid it too, but it's extremely difficult considering the sheer amount of things that come from there. Why do you avoid it?

Dufferin mall isn't run down at all.

How do you avoid buying Chinese? I'm always looking to avoid it too, but it's extremely difficult considering the sheer amount of things that come from there. Why do you avoid it?

Dufferin mall isn't run down at all.

I avoid it because it's impossible to determine what companies (if not all) are related to the CCP which is a fascist authoritarian state organ that operates concentration camp and I may have taken "Never Again" seriously, unlike most of our politicians, for example. I also live in a Tibetan neighbourhood and grew up with a lot of friends from HK. I hate the CCP. Oh, and Chinese food standards are untrustworthy.....aaaand, why would I buy from that gang of goons when all they've been doing in the last year is threatening us?

How do I do it? By reading labels and stubbornly refusing any product from China. I also don't buy a lot of things and there is always a like product made elsewhere. I'll pay more to buy from somewhere that doesn't oppress its people. I don't care to support fascist swine just to save a penny or two. That's just desperation or poor character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back