News   Apr 19, 2024
 216     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 890     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.3K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Most of the stations and stops will not have private motor vehicle parking. Mt. Dennis Station's 3500 Eglinton Avenue West building (old Kodak building) will have limited parking spaces for non-transit uses (likely for shipping & delivery for the retail spaces, and handicap). However, there will be bicycle parking spaces, both indoor and outdoor.
I'm looking forward to the ample bicycle parking being afforded at most of the stations being built. I think once the construction is finished and Eglinton Connects is underway, we will see a shift in cycling culture along the corridor.

I'm looking forward to the ample bicycle parking being afforded at most of the stations being built. I think once the construction is finished and Eglinton Connects is underway, we will see a shift in cycling culture along the corridor.
...especially given its proximity to the western end of the Beltline Trail.

I was always on the side of them being on time with this project, even arguing with post on here, but I was wrong. Now way they finish sep 2021. Definitely 8months - year off.

I'm hopeful as well, but I think there will only be a real uptick in cycling along the corridor if the bike lanes are fully separated and protected; renderings and cross-sections have shown the streescape both ways.

Will the stairs be accessible to wheelchairs, strollers, and bicycles when the elevators or escalators are out-of-service?

44ab2cfbfc7ef92893e4baabc2a47722.jpg

From link. Or will the design not be considered because the designers are not handicapped, have kids, or ride bicycles? The usual excuse.

Will the stairs be accessible to wheelchairs, strollers, and bicycles when the elevators or escalators are out-of-service?

44ab2cfbfc7ef92893e4baabc2a47722.jpg

From link. Or will the design not be considered because the designers are not handicapped, have kids, or ride bicycles? The usual excuse.
When it comes to Metrolinx, they think backwards.

That station looks like St. Patrick and Queen's Park, and the platform looks longer than a subway platform; you can barely see the other end and it looks more like a shared tunnel. Are all the stations built like that?

The mined stations will probably all look like that. What your looking at is the train tunnel (one way) on the far right and the raised area is the platform. Far left out of the frame would be the other track tunnel

Back