Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, pretty much everywhere but the picturesque tourist villages. Every day, regular Europe is covered in it. On the trains, the overpasses, side streets, bus shelters, etc. Some areas are better than others but Europe as a whole has a lot more of it, especially compared to Canada which is comparatively super clean. The fact that the TTC keeps it's entire infrastructure spotless is something most euro transit agencies could only dream of.

I don't even think its necessarily "worse", just they undoubtedly have much more.

There's virtually none in Vienna.

There's virtually none in Vienna.
Well, there are pages of this…

ViennaGraffiti.jpg

We are somewhat lucky here in Toronto/North America that there aren't really any real sports derbies.

Many cities in Europe that I have traveled to have tags of the local sports teams pretty much everywhere. Though I also don't really mind it all that much.

^^ And tons and tons of other ones. There was even a fierce one here in football (Toronto - Hamiton) although that one fizzled out about 30 years ago.

A lot of it is more like street art, and very well done. Some of it has been commissioned. That's a whole different ballgame than random initials and gang tagging on mailboxes, transformers etc. Rick Mercers old show was a good example of nicely done
street art. In some cases, the buildings look better with it than without.

A lot of it is more like street art, and very well done. Some of it has been commissioned. That's a whole different ballgame than random initials and gang tagging on mailboxes, transformers etc. Rick Mercers old show was a good example of nicely done
street art. In some cases, the buildings look better with it than without.
The vast majority of street art in Toronto is actually commissioned. The only spots you really see un-commissioned work is laneways. all the underpasses usually have commissioned works.

For some reason Canadians generally have a strong distaste for unsanctioned graffiti, I imagine it comes for the "peace order and good government" nature of our society.

The vast majority of street art in Toronto is actually commissioned. The only spots you really see un-commissioned work is laneways. all the underpasses usually have commissioned works.

For some reason Canadians generally have a strong distaste for unsanctioned graffiti, I imagine it comes for the "peace order and good government" nature of our society.
I like street art that is commissioned the majority of the work looks great, tagging is a different story, if these people that love to put their tag everywhere and they are proud of their work then they should tag it across their foreheads permanently with a tattoo.

Back