Toronto Eglinton Line 5 Crosstown West Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

We don't exactly know where it will be tunnelled, Metrolinx has been mum on this. In one interview, Phil Verster did allude that it will be tunnelled past the Humber river, so I am going to go out on a limb and say the section immediately after Mount Dennis to past the Humber River will be elevated, but we don't know at this point.

As for the Pearson connection, my understanding is that Mount Dennis to Renforth will be built first, with the Pearson segment completed when the GTAA builds the transit hub/Union Station West. Without that project complete, the LRT has nowhere to go at YYZ.
I believe the hub will finish first. They say it'll be finished by 2027-2030 but I am skeptical of that.

I'm still confused. Has the City agreed with the province on the number of underground stations? In other words, the scope of the route is locked down? Was that part of the Provincial-Municipal deal Council voted in favour of in 2019?

Has anyone determined if the intention is to tunnel the entire thing? Or just the portion from Royal York to Martin Grove?

I'm less worried about the latter, but the former would be an epic waste of money

I'm still confused. Has the City agreed with the province on the number of underground stations? In other words, the scope of the route is locked down? Was that part of the Provincial-Municipal deal Council voted in favour of in 2019?

I don't think anything was locked down. The city esentially relinquished control of the project when they handed it over to the province as part of the "transit deal".

We’re going to waste billions tunneling this project, while also underfunding and underbuilding the Ontario Line to such a degree that we’re probably gonna end up spending billions more to fix it in 10 or 20 years. Unbelievable
Remember when some people thought ripping up transit city for a new plan because of a couple of transfers (don mills, Kennedy) made a lot of sense.

Back