Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

Today

C918066D-8896-40A7-B170-5616F465989E.jpeg

Who else would be able to afford:
1. To lock in a lease years in advance of completion?
2. Pay the exuberant downtown rent demand?

The good news is that while the high profile tenants move into the shiny new buildings, that leaves the older ones to be occupied on demand by smaller tenants at (hopefully) slightly lower rents.

Kind of quaint and depressing to see This-and-That Bank as tenants at every Toronto office project.

Who else would be able to afford:
1. To lock in a lease years in advance of completion?
2. Pay the exuberant downtown rent demand?

I get that, but my point is that it's sad when a few banks are the only companies in Canada that can.

Can anyone tell me if the basement floors are already built in this project ? I'm saying this for the simple reason that I haven't seen any Shoring and excavation in this project. And they're already building the core.

There's existing parking levels / loading level for the Bay there.
They demolished the parking slabs to allow for the new elevator core to be built

There's existing parking levels / loading level for the Bay there.
They demolished the parking slabs to allow for the new elevator core to be built

back to 2007, they did building largest underground parking for 3 tower project like phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3? or this underground parking come from 1990's project? I'm confused which one project who did built underground for Bay Adelaide North? because I know West and East underground was built in 2007 but I am not sure about North, who built it from 1990's project or 2007 project?

The parking was all built at the same time. Late 1980's/early 90's. Also produced at the same time was the former "stump".

At that time Thomson owned the project through its subsidiary Woodbridge and they wanted the parking for the Bay store, which was a Simpsons, which they had recently acquired. If I recall correctly, there had been a Simpson's parking garage on the site before it became part of the Bay Adelaide Centre project.

At that time Thomson owned the project through its subsidiary Woodbridge and they wanted the parking for the Bay store, which was a Simpsons, which they had recently acquired. If I recall correctly, there had been a Simpson's parking garage on the site before it became part of the Bay Adelaide Centre project.
It was a 6 storey, above-grade garage with a bridge on the 5th floor:

f0124_fl0003_id0147.jpg

Back