Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Can one have a time capsule SMELL? The bun itself left much to be desired, the smell was iconic!

Scent branding for Union Station!

AoD

Can one have a time capsule SMELL? The bun itself left much to be desired, the smell was iconic!
Not sure I'd use "iconic". Pervasive, overpowering, consuming, combative, aggressive - I feel those are better words to describe the Cinnabon smell at Union (also when it was at Eglinton).

I consider the smell from Cinnabon to be analogous with the Euro house music blasting from Stitches and International Clothiers back in the day - uninvited and unwelcome.

Not sure I'd use "iconic". Pervasive, overpowering, consuming, combative, aggressive - I feel those are better words to describe the Cinnabon smell at Union (also when it was at Eglinton).

I consider the smell from Cinnabon to be analogous with the Euro house music blasting from Stitches and International Clothiers back in the day - uninvited and unwelcome.
I cannot say I liked the smell either but something can be iconic without being either invited or welcome.

It's still at Eglinton

Train Shed Lights Up!

This is the first time I've seen this part of the train shed lit up

IMG_2530.jpeg

IMG_2529.jpeg

Last edited:
I guarantee that when the Bay Street promenade opens there will either be a shoppers drug mart or a place to buy chocolate or both

Just some pics of the East Wing and TTC Moat entrance that will open a portion to the leather shop bypass on the 23rd of Dec.

On another note, I was going to post the Atrium lighting pictures that was going to be tested on Thursday night to allow “burn in”,
sikandar beat me to it...nice pic!

It looks good though. I’ll post pics from the inside later.

C3080EBB-CE5B-4D23-B515-40B463EA8BB8.jpeg
564CBA02-79F5-4502-B875-F93CDC1E5390.jpeg
377ECA31-08B5-4015-826D-0BB42622E735.jpeg

Last edited:
Just some pics of the East Wing and TTC Moat entrance that will open a portion to the leather shop bypass on the 23rd of Dec.

On another note, I was going to post the Atrium lighting pictures that was going to be tested on Thursday night to allow “burn in”,
sikandar beat me to it...nice pic!

It looks good though. I’ll post pics from the inside later.

View attachment 219987View attachment 219988View attachment 219989
What parts will be opening because that does not look like it’s opening

Just visited Union and they are certainly getting ready to open the East Front Moat centre section that links TTC to Bay Concourse. Note temporary concrete ramp going from base of stairs in right foreground onto new floor. They have also opened-up one of the long-closed set of doors to TTC area and another set looks ready to open too. Looking into the Bay concourse there were LOTS of guys working there so I think 23 December opening of some sort of passageway is a "Go". (They report progress at end of each Quarter so I have noted that lots of 'new' things are finished as quarters end.)
They also look ready to open the pedestrian link from east end of Great Hall into 'mezzanine level' of Bay Concourse - new ceiling almost done, lots of 'polishing up' going on there too.

DSCN7808.JPG

Back