Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Am I the only one who thinks that this complex would be more striking as two towers rather than three? The three are pretty crowded and the taller one would stand out more if it had some more breathing room. It will definitely be one of the standout towers in the skyline from the lake.
Thankfully our planning isn't based on having striking views of the skyline from certain vantage points. I'm confident that the three tower set-up will be better for our city in terms of density of residences, retail and employment, and amenities.

Thankfully our planning isn't based on having striking views of the skyline from certain vantage points. I'm confident that the three tower set-up will be better for our city in terms of density of residences, retail and employment, and amenities.
Tower separation is very much part of the planning and urban design process. You can achieve very high densities while still having towers a certain distance apart.

Is it? How are they planning to cross east from Bay to Yonge?

Or if they plan on going south is it going to go through the CIBC building and under the street?

(Link to the current PATH map for those interested)
Here check out this posted on the Sugar Wharf thread

One Yonge PATH will run from Phase 1 of CIBC Square along the north side of 18 Yonge above CIBC Squares loading entrance, then under the Gardiner. It won't connect to Backstage.
The total bridge length will be about 200m long, so pretty long. By far the longest bridge / connecting section in the PATH network.

i received an email a hour ago that the sky tower has officialy launched.

Capture.PNG

Anyone who thinks we should plan/approve buildings based primarily on protecting specific views should go to Rideau St in Ottawa and look at the endless wall of 27 story buildings that resulted from planning to preserve long-distance views of the Peace Tower. It's not good.

Lets see how fast this thing sells. If they managed to sell enough units in that generic boring first phase, I see no reason why they can't sell this one. It's visually much nicer, and as a buyer I would want bragging rights saying I own a unit in a tower like this haha.

Have to laugh @ 65 stories being labelled "generic and boring"

Back