News   Mar 28, 2024
 97     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 275     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 641     0 

Roads: Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration (City of Toronto, UC)

Looks like Bloor may remain close until Dec than doing a partial opening now. With out having a close look at the intersection, looks like traffic lights are not working and Guild was there. There is no paint strips or construction barrels on Bloor for a lane in both direction using the eastbound lanes. No changes from my trip to Islington in the AM or from it tonight.

They have now got most of the new east side sidewalk in place on Kipling, along with the bike lane.

Oct 13
Bloor St at Kipling is now open as an east-west road. Its a single lane on the west side and using the westbound lane on the new Bloor Extension. The westbound lane was paved last week as well the Bloor Dundas intersection.

At the rate things are going Kipling Ave will be completed within the next 30 days, except the west sidewalk. The eastbound lane on the west side of Kipling is graded and stake as well Kipling to pour the curb before pouring the new lane/s on both road. The westbound lane still has to be graded. Neither side of Bloor St will see a sidewalk until next year unless work takes place in a heated tent. The westbound sidewalk between Kipling and Bloor/Dundas is underway.

The Dundas Rd to Kipling is still not built.

The westbound lanes on Dundas has been shifted to the new lanes on the west side of Kipling so work can take place to finishing building the unfinished section.

Making a left turn off Bloor St onto Dundas is going to be a bitch until advancing green is in place now that eastbound Bloor traffic using the new Bloor extension.
48894180628_003f1e40b6_b.jpg

48894183358_b04b2a2460_b.jpg

48894905687_24843949d8_b.jpg

48894905382_0d871096c5_b.jpg

Maybe the City of Toronto should designate Dundas Street West from the border with Mississauga to Six Points, and Bloor Street and Danforth Avenue from the Six Points to Kingston Road as City Road 5, after the old King's Highway 5, or City Road 2, after the TTC's Line 2.

hwy5.jpg

See link.

I don't really see any practical reason to.

Oct 13
Bloor St at Kipling is now open as an east-west road. Its a single lane on the west side and using the westbound lane on the new Bloor Extension. The westbound lane was paved last week as well the Bloor Dundas intersection.

At the rate things are going Kipling Ave will be completed within the next 30 days, except the west sidewalk. The eastbound lane on the west side of Kipling is graded and stake as well Kipling to pour the curb before pouring the new lane/s on both road. The westbound lane still has to be graded. Neither side of Bloor St will see a sidewalk until next year unless work takes place in a heated tent. The westbound sidewalk between Kipling and Bloor/Dundas is underway.

The Dundas Rd to Kipling is still not built.

The westbound lanes on Dundas has been shifted to the new lanes on the west side of Kipling so work can take place to finishing building the unfinished section.

Making a left turn off Bloor St onto Dundas is going to be a bitch until advancing green is in place now that eastbound Bloor traffic using the new Bloor extension.
48894180628_003f1e40b6_b.jpg

48894183358_b04b2a2460_b.jpg

48894905687_24843949d8_b.jpg

48894905382_0d871096c5_b.jpg
Those left turns are going to be a bitch. Also, I'm surprised at how sharp that dip is approaching Kipling from the west. But, with this partial opening, I can now clearly see what's basically going to be the new flow from my condo. And it's working. There's enough traffic that's moved to Bloor that I can already see a reduction on both Dundas and Kipling. No scientific measurements, but I know what the traffic backups looked like, and they're better now.

Hope the TPS will veto those names. Come on, most people wouldn't be able to pronounce those 2, police included.
Ah-dob-eh-gock. Been-dah-gen (i'm guessing). Not too difficult. No more difficult than Toronto or Ottawa or Penetanguishene.

It's not like the park name proposed in North York, with the proposed name of "Ethennonnhawahstihnen Park". That one really rolls off the tongue. Just too many syllables.

Ah-dob-eh-gock. Been-dah-gen (i'm guessing). Not too difficult. No more difficult than Toronto or Ottawa or Penetanguishene.

It's not like the park name proposed in North York, with the proposed name of "Ethennonnhawahstihnen".
Can you tell me what it means without googling it?

Can you tell me what it means without googling it?
Can you tell me what Yonge street or Bloor Street or Strachan Avenue or or Bathurst Street or one of a trillion other english street names mean without googling it?

I honestly see no issue with using indigenous names. Canada is already filled with them. Toronto, Ottawa, Canada, etc are all indigenous names.. Why stop now? It's no different anywhere else in the world, Australia, New Zealand, and the US are filled with aboriginal named places and streets (Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.)

@innsertnamehere's response it really all that's necessary, but at the same time it's pretty damn obvious what Adobigok means, all it takes it a couple of brain cells to sort that one out…

and it'll be interesting to learn what Biindagen Trail is named after.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to look up who Jerry Howarth was too, I have a vague sense that he's related to local media in some way, so what's the difference if I have to look up that one or any other name? Oh yeah, it's the only name that's white enough.

@innsertnamehere's response it really all that's necessary, but at the same time it's pretty damn obvious what Adobigok means, all it takes it a couple of brain cells to sort that one out…

and it'll be interesting to learn what Biindagen Trail is named after.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to look up who Jerry Howarth was too, I have a vague sense that he's related to local media in some way, so what's the difference if I have to look up that one or any other name? Oh yeah, it's the only name that's white enough.

Had no clue what Adobigok meant until I googled it. I guess that makes me an imbecile.
Are you saying we shouldn't be naming streets after white people just because they're white? This anti-white mantra (also known as multiculturalism) has got to go. If a person deserves to have his/her name on a street sign, then they deserve it. Even if they are white. Sorry I've had enough with political correctness.

Had no clue what Adobigok meant until I googled it. I guess that makes me an imbecile.
Are you saying we shouldn't be naming streets after white people just because they're white? This anti-white mantra (also known as multiculturalism) has got to go. If a person deserves to have his/her name on a street sign, then they deserve it. Even if they are white. Sorry I've had enough with political correctness.
No, I am clearly not saying that. Sure, white guys should get streets named after them too, but you seem to want to stop street names that aren't derived from a British past. Your notion of what Canada is is problematically out-of-date. It's not too late to open yourself up to things you're ignorant of, you're still alive, new can be fun and it's always enlightening.

No, I am clearly not saying that. Sure, white guys should get streets named after them too, but you seem to want to stop street names that aren't derived from a British past. Your notion of what Canada is is problematically out-of-date. It's not too late to open yourself up to things you're ignorant of, you're still alive, new can be fun and it's always enlightening.

Look, all I'm saying is that 99% of the population don't know what these 2 names mean. A lot more know who Jerry Howarth is, you can't argue that.
We shouldn't be forcing aboriginal names just because they're aboriginal.

Back