News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 865     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Passed after zero discussion.
But yet when it comes to battling fare evasion with Presto, they dittle around and send things back to be further studied and discuss the matter until the sun dont shine. These people are a joke, and the TTC deserves to keep bleeding money if they're going to go around with antics like this.

If they want to keep wasting their time by blaming Metrolinx for everything instead of controlling the things they can control to limit fare evasion, that's fine by me.

If they want to keep wasting their time by blaming Metrolinx for everything instead of controlling the things they can control to limit fare evasion, that's fine by me.

Though the TTC is certainly not blameless, PRESTO is a Metrolinx product and the City Auditor's report clearly shows that most of the blame rests there. The TTC can certainly do more to stop blatant fare evasion - people who do not even try to tap - but the problem of defective equipment (or inaccurate reports) may actually result in far more $$ loss for TTC than simple evasion.

What the hell happened?

Screenshot_20191113-175106_Twitter.jpg

Uh, wouldn't this make things worse?

Not really. This is a common practice on the tube. When I was in London in 2017 Oxford Circus was regularly shut down during rush hour and made exit only. This allow people to exit the station but not board.

You could not transfer between lines at the station during the shut down but it cleared out the crowds.

Not really. This is a common practice on the tube. When I was in London in 2017 Oxford Circus was regularly shut down during rush hour and made exit only. This allow people to exit the station but not board.

You could not transfer between lines at the station during the shut down but it cleared out the crowds.
yeah but that's london, almost half of people on each line have to transfer for their commute, and it seems like they're shifting everyone over to St. George, which is a lot worse from a crowding standpoint.

What the hell happened?

View attachment 214912
The garbage signal system on the Bloor-Danforth line decided to screw up during rush hour causing "longer than normal travel times" between Sherbourne and Ossington. The TTC claimed travel times would be 15 mins longer than normal, but as usual they fib and the delays were much more significant.

I was commuting back from the East end and as soon as I heard "signal problem" and "15 mins longer than normal travel times" I didnt even bother with them. I got off at Main Street and just took the GO across town.

They really need to replace the damn signal system, instead of patching it up every other day and then seeing the same problems pop up again the next day. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen again between Victoria Park and Kennedy (literally they have signal issues on this stretch every.single.day). Just monitor the TTC Twitter Alerts page and count how many times in a week it happens.

The garbage signal system on the Bloor-Danforth line decided to screw up during rush hour causing "longer than normal travel times" between Sherbourne and Ossington. The TTC claimed travel times would be 15 mins longer than normal, but as usual they fib and the delays were much more significant.

I was commuting back from the East end and as soon as I heard "signal problem" and "15 mins longer than normal travel times" I didnt even bother with them. I got off at Main Street and just took the GO across town.

They really need to replace the damn signal system, instead of patching it up every other day and then seeing the same problems pop up again the next day. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen again between Victoria Park and Kennedy (literally they have signal issues on this stretch every.single.day). Just monitor the TTC Twitter Alerts page and count how many times in a week it happens.

Honestly, short of a catastrophic sustained failure of the Line 2 signal system such as a system wide power surge frying the signals they wont fix it anytime soon.

Request for Proposal
ecblank.gif
Call number:Doc2092511351
Commodity:Goods and Services, Transportation Services and Rentals
Description:Automated Transit Shuttle Trial Service
The City of Toronto is seeking a qualified Vendor to supply a automated transit shuttle service using a vehicle that operates with a High Degree of Automation for a limited-term trial in the City of Toronto. The project is jointly delivered by the City of Toronto Transportation Services Division in partnership with the Toronto Transit Commission (“TTC”) and Metrolinx.
Issue date:November 14, 2019
ecblank.gif
Closing date:December 6, 2019
at 12:00 Noon
Notes:Attachment
pdf.gif
Doc2092511351 NOIP.pdf (217 Kbytes) - Posted on 11/14/2019 11:32:58 AM

Automated Transit Shuttle Trial Service
The City of Toronto is seeking a qualified Vendor to supply a automated transit shuttle service using a vehicle that operates with a High Degree of Automation for a limited-term trial in the City of Toronto. The project is jointly delivered by the City of Toronto Transportation Services Division in partnership with the Toronto Transit Commission (“TTC”) and Metrolinx.
Does no one really proofreads at city hall?

Anyone know what's going on at Warden?

For the past few days there have been survey crews at the station in the bus bays, on the subway platforms etc with theodolites.

Looks like they are about to undertake some work.

Back