Toronto Park Hyatt Renovation | 62.48m | 18s | Oxford Properties | KPMB

The explosion was last Thursday, Monday was a holiday I would say most likely reason is that the Ministry of Labour has shut the site while they investigate.

Went by about an hour ago and there were a number of people wearing hardhats and reflective vests, though I couldn't tell if they were inspectors or workers. There didn't seem to be much activity on site, though.

Went by about an hour ago and there were a number of people wearing hardhats and reflective vests, though I couldn't tell if they were inspectors or workers. There didn't seem to be much activity on site, though.
What colour were the hats? MOL inspectors wear blue I believe

Construction resumes
IMG_20191118_142934_9.jpg
IMG_20191118_142828_6.jpg
IMG_20191118_142842_0.jpg
IMG_20191118_142940_5.jpg
up

Why did they allow them to close the sidewalk without compensating for it by using road space for the sidewalk? It's a busy downtown street. Pretending pedestrians don't exist for drivers' convenience makes the area less pedestrian friendly. It also increases the risk of accidents involving pedestrians by encouraging jaywalking and walking on the roadway.

Why did they allow them to close the sidewalk without compensating for it by using road space for the sidewalk? It's a busy downtown street. Pretending pedestrians don't exist for drivers' convenience makes the area less pedestrian friendly. It also increases the risk of accidents involving pedestrians by encouraging jaywalking and walking on the roadway.

They originally requested that and it was supported by Crrssy but Tory shut it down at council because he was on a no lane closure kick.

They have a full time cop on the corner managing pedestrians at a way higher cost than closing the lane.

Back