News   Apr 25, 2024
 458     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 452     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 668     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

Sometimes I wonder who are the cult members - those who are generally supportive of the party because of their policies, and hold no great adulteration about the leader; or those who are virulently against a party not because of the policies, but because of their party leader.

You can usually tell by the language used when communicating their passions - just saying.

AoD

Just because there is no real Trudeau fans on here does not mean they dont exist...

Dude Trudeau has a cult like following in many immigrant communities and the man has survived many scandals that he himself called people to resign over...

My parents vote for him regardless of his flaws due remembering his dad and I know many people like that who are older immigrants.

Dont push the nonsense on me that the cult of personality around Trudeau does not exist with quite a few liberal voters.

Rise of populist right wing rhetoric here and across the globe, against a PM who's very progressive and left wing.
You've failed to actually provide any actions he's taken against Canada's interests, being arrogant and pandering to his base isn't an example of that.
I would his progressive delusions around taking back ISIS fighters is one.

Breaking the promise of electoral reform really hurt democratic progress in this country.

Promising to only spend 10 billion a year to putting in structural deficits for the long term will hurt this country financially when we ate hit by another recession.

His double speak of building pipelines and then pushing a carbon tax that will exempt many polluters shows he is more concerned about broadcasting action on climate change then doing anything about it like greens or ndp.

Just because there is no real Trudeau fans on here does not mean they dont exist...

Dude Trudeau has a cult like following in many immigrant communities and the man has survived many scandals that he himself called people to resign over...

My parents vote for him regardless of his flaws due remembering his dad and I know many people like that who are older immigrants.

Dont push the nonsense on me that the cult of personality around Trudeau does not exist with quite a few liberal voters.

Just because there is party loyalty does mean it is a “cult” - immigrant communities historically have a tendency to vote Liberal regardless of who is at the helm and they aren’t likely the ones who’d treat any of them like a rockstar. Like I have said, get a little less angry and less bombastic with your language - right now you sounded more like a cultist regurgitatIng Fox News labelling than any of them.

AoD

Just because there is party loyalty does mean it is a “cult” - immigrant communities historically have a tendency to vote Liberal regardless of who is at the helm and they aren’t likely the ones who’d treat any of them like a rockstar. Like I have said, get a little less angry and less bombastic with your language - right now you sounded more like a cultist than any of them.

AoD

Um the conservatives won the minority vote in 2011...so it's not that...

The reason the liberals did so well in 2015 suddenly was due to Trudeau with minorities.

I am in the immigrant community here in Brampton and to many of my fellow minorities Trudeau can never do wrong...

That is more a draw to personality then party...

Issue is people like the liberal poliices but hate trudeau..

Why else is he doing so badly in this election then if he has done a good job..

Being a complete hypocrite on issues of feminism by engaging in sexual inappropriate behaviour himself.

Engaging in unethical behaviour to benefit himself in Quebec while saying he will do politics differently.

Wearing blackface in the past many times while saying he has always been a progressive in the past.

The flaw you guys dont see and cant accept is most people like the liberal policies but find our prime minister a liar and a hypocrite and dont want to vote for him..

I'm sorry to disrupt your interpretation of the reasons why people disagree with you, but I don't find it the least bit surprising that Trudeau isn't more popular, although that isn't remotely related to the content of the post you have quoted.

Mine was in fact a response to the claim you made in yours that the PM has done a "bad job"; I offered a slew of facts that challenged that claim, and further intimated that you seem unwilling or incapable of mustering a response that makes even a passing attempt at setting aside your raw emotion (hatred?) in favour of the utilization of even a modicum of brainpower.

And, of course, in this most recent post, you've again failed to disappoint.

But, sure, go on claiming to know us better than we know ourselves -- makes for nuanced and thought-provoking discussion!

Um the conservatives won the immigrant vote in 2011...

The reason the liberals due so well suddenly was due to Trudeau..

Won it once, partly attributable to Jason Kenney’s outreach, against a historical record. Please stop accusing immigrants of being cultists, as if somehow they have to prove their vote is a legitimate choice and not some psychosis. It is unbecoming.

AoD

I'm sorry to disrupt your interpretation of the reasons why people disagree with you, but I don't find it the least bit surprising that Trudeau isn't more popular, although that isn't remotely related to the content of the post you have quoted.

Mine was in fact a response to the claim you made in yours that the PM has done a "bad job"; I offered a slew of facts that challenged that claim, and further intimated that you seem unwilling or incapable of mustering a response that makes even a passing attempt at setting aside your raw emotion (hatred?) in favour of the utilization of even a modicum of brainpower.

And, of course, in this most recent post, you've again failed to disappoint.

But, sure, go on claiming to know us better than we know ourselves -- makes for nuanced and thought-provoking discussion!
The question is you think he did a good job but most canadians dont agree he did...

Why is that the case. .

You guys for years used the same logic to defend the Ontario liberals and where did that lead us to....personality trumps reality to voters it seems. Wynne did a good job mostly but people hated her...

I really think Trudeau has outlived his usefulness for the progressive agenda you want in this country.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a personality cult around Trudeau that's just media speak for something they can't explain. Trudeau let Toronto down last year, our MP Adam Vaughan let Toronto down last year - there is no way I am going to forget that. He's a Montrealer, he hates Toronto - I get that but that doesn't mean I am going to excuse it. There was so much opportunity in this election, they could have energised with a push for Toronto the self governing state (that would have got my blood going) but they did not. Child care, blah, blah, blah, taxes, blah blah blah, all the boxes have been ticked. I am considering the NDP but their insulting 1/2 million subsidised homes makes me think they are in la-la land. It's insulting that they think voters are so stupid as to believe this malarkey.

The flaw you guys dont see and cant accept is most people like the liberal policies but find our prime minister a liar and a hypocrite and dont want to vote for him..

So, if you're one of those who like the policies and you're on the fence re Singh vs Scheer, opt for Singh. Even if he's less likely to win, you'd still be voting on principle.

Whether it's about "stop Scheer" or "stop Justin", that's the problem with strategic voting at its most dumbed-down: when it becomes nothing more than "guess the winner". Look, if your chosen party lands in third or worse, it doesn't mean the boogie men will knock on your door and haul you away for making a so-called dud choice...

So, if you're one of those who like the policies and you're on the fence re Singh vs Scheer, opt for Singh. Even if he's less likely to win, you'd still be voting on principle.

Whether it's about "stop Scheer" or "stop Justin", that's the problem with strategic voting at its most dumbed-down: when it becomes nothing more than "guess the winner". Look, if your chosen party lands in third or worse, it doesn't mean the boogie men will knock on your door and haul you away for making a so-called dud choice...

Yeah I'm leaning towards jagmeet Singh as well and it does help that I've met him personally before he was famous...

However imagine how different this election would be if we actually had electoral reform as Trudeau promised...

Now instead people are voting strategically ...
parties are frankly ignoring large sections of the country and just micro-targeting based on seats and sowing fear and division...

And the potential minroity government will be a mess as well as liberals and conservatives will be fixated on getting that 36 to 40% of the vote to get a majority and nothing else in the next election.

Of course you'd support Scheer - because the conservatives have taken over the centre that belonged to the Liberals in the 90's and early 00's.

Back