Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

My expectation with this has always been that all new lines going forward will be owned by Metrolinx, but operated by the TTC; aka, the exact situation that already was going to exist with the Crosstown, and it seems like that's the direction we're actually headed in as opposed to this silly idea of giving Metrolinx ownership of existing subway lines that they don't have the budget to maintain.
Extensions to existing lines should be TTC as well (e.g., Yonge North). I'd also say that if the Relief Line reverts back to the city plan (with TTC trains), then it is best in the hands of the TTC then Ontario Line (which is more Metrolinx'y I'd think).

Absolutely, and based on SSE estimates they seem to be about 50% of the cost of a full blown station.

Ignoring the thought exercise of an empty tunnel, you actually don't need any emergency exits as long as the station distance doesn't exceed 762 m (2500ft) under NFPA fire standards, the stations themselves are close enough to be the exit

Because Matt said he's offering his newsletter for free, here's his content on the Ontario Line. Apparently the City staff report drops tomorrow...

Attachments

• 1571174383780.png
    1571174383780.png
    714 KB · Views: 377
At this point, despite my general misgivings, shouldn't the government plow ahead with the Ontario line? Besides sticking it to Ford, trying to go back to the TTC DRL plan just makes it a sure thing nothing will get built. I'd be pushing Dougie to get shovels in the ground before the next provincial election so that you at least get a new transit line downtown. No line is worse than the Ontario line.

The most sensible compromise is to keep the original Queen TTC alignment and add the northern extension to Eglinton. The phase 2 extension to Sheppard should begin the approval process immediately as that component is vital to ensuring adequate relief of the Yonge line. The meandering route through the core will not work, nor will the elevated segments in the east end.

I’d be curious to see public opinion polls on the OL. Thus far I’ve observed a ton of criticism, and virtually zero support from the public, but the internet can be a bit of a bubble

I’d be curious to see public opinion polls on the OL. Thus far I’ve observed a ton of criticism, and virtually zero support from the public, but the internet can be a bit of a bubble

I'm against it simply because it fails the future proof test. Future capacity needs to be about 30 - 35k pphd and the OL in its proposed format maxes out at around what, 25k pphd? Build the line properly from the onset.

I don't support it and or will ever use it but I'd just like something built. I've been beaten into submission by the Scarborough subway nonsense and now this. How many drawing boards need to be wasted on these so called projects.

Province pulling put of the TTC upload then

Back