Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

Don't know if this is still true but condo balconies used to be "exclusive use" public space (condo corp), so you never "owned" the balcony.
That is normally the case (maybe always) as an individual owner really could never do balcony repairs and one would not want each owner able to (for example) paint their balcony a different colour. "Exclusive Use, common elements" is the norm.

Reactions: AHK
That is normally the case (maybe always) as an individual owner really could never do balcony repairs and one would not want each owner able to (for example) paint their balcony a different colour. "Exclusive Use, common elements" is the norm.

As DSC indicates, generally (but not in all cases) balconies are exclusive use common elements. As such, they are not explicitly included as part of the purchase price of a unit, nor is do they normally factor in any square footage based calculation of the maintenance fees for a unit. Also the condominium corporation is normally responsible for any maintenance costs associated with a balcony (unless it can be established that the repairs were required because of damage or negligence by a resident). As an exclusive use common element, a balcony is not considered to be public space - it is not a POPS. In a few cases, I have seen, the square footage associated with a balcony has been included as part of the overall suite size. I am not sure if that is just marketing, to make the suite seem larger, and that when it comes to the purchase agreement, the actual calculation is based on just the interior size, or whether the balcony is an integral part of the suite being purchased.

Today:

DSCN8514.jpeg

The north tower was supposed to have the 'shuffled deck' look that 1Thousand Bay features but I guess that got ditched as well.

The north tower was supposed to have the 'shuffled deck' look that 1Thousand Bay features but I guess that got ditched as well.

I don't think the dev ever had any intention of doing that. in the floor plans, there was no mentioning of elongated balconies on alternating floors.

It's shown pretty clearly in the renderings.
I understand that it was in the renderings but what i'm trying to say is, if great gulf was really gonna put in reality, they should have thrown in the dotted lines to show alternating patterns like they did in this Great Gulf "Home Condo" floor plan. but if you go look at the FP's of Y&R, you will see no mention of staggered balconies. Hence why I say there was never any intention of following through with the renderings.

Home-Power-Adelaide-Condos-2D-801-floorplan-v38.jpg

Back