Toronto 33 Bloor East | ?m | 17s | Epic | WZMH

33Bloor1.jpg

33Bloor2.jpg

33Bloor3.jpg

Nice but what do the curves have to do with the rest of the building?

None, but this building has nothing to do with anything other than mediocre ultra-late PoMo. No one is going to regret anything done to it (and trying to match what was probably lead to nowhere but mediocrity).

AoD

None, but this building has nothing to do with anything other than mediocre ultra-late PoMo. No one is going to regret anything done to it (and trying to match what was probably lead to nowhere but mediocrity).

AoD
They could have designed an updated and attractive podium that wasn't entirely disconnected from the building above. Now it looks architecturally hodge-podge.

They could have designed an updated and attractive podium that wasn't entirely disconnected from the building above. Now it looks architecturally hodge-podge.

Is that a bug or a feature? My sense is that in the drive for Bloor Street legitimacy (and lease rates), this attractive, updated podium wanted nothing to do with the building above.

AoD

Is that a bug or a feature? My sense is that in the drive for Bloor Street legitimacy (and lease rates), this attractive, updated podium wanted nothing to do with the building above.

AoD
WZMH could've achieved something without the curved corners. If this is just Phase I and the property owners plan to curve all the other corners in a future Phase II, then I guess it makes sense. Right now, though, it's a hodge-podge. It's a bug.

Last edited:
It's a podium. I give the Wework space that may have prompted the refresh five or less years as reality sets in on this overhyped start up.

Not bad, not great, just another commercial ground floor refresh that will be peeled off in ten years or so when trends change.

Back