News   Mar 28, 2024
 26     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Not likely to have that happen.

Oh, I know. In this one area, at least, he's unquestionably less of a screwed-up mess than his late brother. I was just joshing...or should I say, engaged in wishful thinking? Heh, heh, heh...

Speaking of screwed-up messes: So Renata's not bothering to show up for her debates? Gotta say, that's about the level of professionalism I expected from her.

Did anyone review Blair's press conference on Friday for any highlights?

Oh, I know. In this one area, at least, he's unquestionably less of a screwed-up mess than his late brother. I was just joshing...or should I say, engaged in wishful thinking? Heh, heh, heh...

Speaking of screwed-up messes: So Renata's not bothering to show up for her debates? Gotta say, that's about the level of professionalism I expected from her.

Did anyone review Blair's press conference on Friday for any highlights?

Ha! I got the jest, My rest response was something totally tasteless, something along the lines of: "In order for that to happen, we would have had to dig up St. Rob first" but I decided against it :) :)

Nope, didn't catch any highlights as I was busy out of town with far more pressing matters. Anyone? Now I am getting curious....

September 19, 2019

City statement on Ontario Court of Appeal decision of Bill 5

The City of Toronto this morning received the Ontario Court of Appeal decision on the challenge to Bill 5, the Better Local Government Act, 2018. The court's majority opinion ruled 3-2 that the legislation that reduced the City's wards from 47 to 25 in the middle of the 2018 election is constitutional.

The City of Toronto's Legal staff will now review the decision in detail and report to City Council in October on the ruling. In January 2019, Toronto City Council directed staff "to pursue a leave to appeal application to the Supreme Court of Canada in the event the Province is successful on its appeal at the Court of Appeal."

As City staff will need time to review the decision – including the dissenting judgement – and draft a report to City Council, staff will not be commenting on the court's decision today. It does, however, thank the court for their attention and consideration on this matter.

September 19, 2019

Interesting! A 3:2 decision is probably worth an appeal to SCC.

I can see Renata being anti-vax, for some reason. Sort of like she'd subscribe to other conspiracy notions like chemtrails--she seems more the conspiracy nut than Rob was, almost like her kind of pillow talk might have affected his world view. (Rob himself was too much the dumb galoot--but I can see Renata as a filter through which he saw the whole world out there, outside of his nutcase family.)

Renata's likely much more at home with extreme Ford Nationals of the Penny Morrison/Neil Flagg/Arthur Smitherman sort. Rob was much more "of the people", even if said "people" were crack dealers.

Funny, it's like he thinks of "Republican" as a generic term, more than as a party label...reminds me of how Rob proclaimed himself the "most racist guy around" perhaps without really comprehending the meaning or implications of the word "racist"...

I forget the details, but didn't Slob also say something in an interview once about considering himself to be a Republican?

And in the You-Learn-Something-New-Every-Day Department: Mikey uses a pacemaker? Really? At his age? Has he even hit 30 yet?

Funny, it's like he thinks of "Republican" as a generic term, more than as a party label...reminds me of how Rob proclaimed himself the "most racist guy around" perhaps without really comprehending the meaning or implications of the word "racist"...

It's all very bigly to me. I wonder how Doug sees himself as a " big Republican ", being a Canadian and all. Maybe it's just Doug being Doug....that's it, no story here, move on !

Well, at least Douggie hasn't actively campaigned on behalf of Republicans while sitting in office, like Nikki Ashton has on behalf of Democrats.

Anywho, I am thinking that the Federal Conservatives poor polling in Ontario can't be separated from Drug's performance as premier.

EFVqGRJXkAcFu5i

Back