Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Confirmation that the coach buses from Coach Terminal will be moving to the bus terminal here in 2021:

610 Bay Street (and adjacent 130 Elizabeth Street) are City-owned assets under the operational management of TTC. The facilities are currently leased-out for the delivery of inter-city, inter-regional and inter-national bus services, which are expected to relocate to Union Station in 2021. As a result, 610 Bay Street and 130 Elizabeth Street are considered to be underutilized City assets with higher use potential to deliver City building outcomes, while respecting the heritage components of the site.

Source: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2019/ra/bgrd/backgroundfile-137925.pdf

Predict a future 349m mixed proposal here.

Knocked down in process to 299.89 m.
Here as in on the site of a building that we're currently watching approach completion or the coach terminal, where 299m is well beyond the allowable height in the area? ?

82BDF3B1-9A5B-47B5-8E55-82C21BACE356.jpeg

On this forum we are (appropriately) critical of many Toronto developments but photos like this remind me that we do live in a truly beautiful city.

There's a lot of garbage being built, but every now and then there's an absolute grand slam. This is one of those hits, and the feeling of seeing it materialise is sublime.

Interesting to see that view down Bay. From the East and West this building feels sort of disconnected from the core, but that shot down Bay shows the future canyon, with the next phase further solidifying this dense feeling view.

I noticed this morning that they have started installing glass (patterned) on the top of the 'overhang section' along Bay Street. I am a bit surprised they are doing this as they are still working above but they seem very competent so assume they know what they are doing.

My SO has been dealing with me pointing out this building every time we see it, and last night they sent me this photo. Guys, I think I found a keeper. View attachment 204897

Hang onto her tight. My friends just look at me like I've lost my marbles every time I scream about the damn glass on this project ?

Last edited:

Back