Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

I believe it was approved by the OMB for 34 stories!
that is correct. 34 floors. M5V promised to break ground in February and are now just slightly behind as demolition has not yet finished (bandidos still stands). I guess murray demolition had to pull some staff off the project to tear down the burnt out queen west buildings.

.. a couple of older shots and some more recent ones

M5V.jpg

DSCN0481_resize.jpg

Picture003r.jpg

M5V6_resize.jpg

M5V7_resize.jpg

I wonder if it's a protected heritage building? It's not in any of the renderings, though.

They are taking down that building. Bandidos has moved to another location (somewhere nearby, don't know exactly where). Given that the building is beside one that is occupied and staying, they will have to demolish it carefully to not disrupt the structural integrity which will take longer.

They are taking down that building. Bandidos has moved to another location (somewhere nearby, don't know exactly where). Given that the building is beside one that is occupied and staying, they will have to demolish it carefully to not disrupt the structural integrity which will take longer.
It moved next door a few addresses closer to Spadina at the base of that ugly ruby red tower.

MV5 Problems?

I know it was hovering somewhere around the 50% sold mark around the holidays and haven't really seen any progress lately. They demolished Speedy to make way for a new parking lot for club goers.

MV5 Problems?

I know it was hovering somewhere around the 50% sold mark around the holidays and haven't really seen any progress lately. They demolished Speedy to make way for a new parking lot for club goers.

I was told in January by one of their sales reps that it was 70% sold.:confused:

I was told in January by one of their sales reps that it was 70% sold.:confused:
It is 70% sold out. Don't forget that when they got final approval for 34 floors it added 4 floors of more suites to sell beyond the initial 30 floors. They are a tad behind their original "we will break ground in February" schedule. I was told last week they hope to break ground in April.

It is 70% sold out. Don't forget that when they got final approval for 34 floors it added 4 floors of more suites to sell beyond the initial 30 floors. They are a tad behind their original "we will break ground in February" schedule. I was told last week they hope to break ground in April.

Right--forgot about the extra units......I suppose with the April groundbreaking and larger building the completion date will probably be delayed beyond the original proposed Nov/09--but difficult to say --depends on weather and other variables ???

Right--forgot about the extra units......I suppose with the April groundbreaking and larger building the completion date will probably be delayed beyond the original proposed Nov/09--but difficult to say --depends on weather and other variables ???

There are lots of variables that affect construction, but developers never seem to consider them in their bullshit/optimistic move in dates. I wish M5V would just admit that it will not be able to be lived in until at least the summer of 2010. Even that is an optimistic date based on the delays in all the newish constructuion condos. I know people who have waited over 1.5 years beyond the actual original posted move in date.

Back