News   Apr 16, 2024
 386     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 396     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 752     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I thought this was already investigated.
Doug Ford didn't breach rules in Taverner appointment, integrity commissioner says

Not sure how it's possible how Blair was wronged, when Ford already found to have done no wrong.?

The IC is not a judge; an investigation by the IC is not a trial; and a report by the IC is not a judgment. The statute that creates and governs the Office of the IC does not oust or over-ride the right of Blair to sue. Blair is suing for wrongful dismissal, not for breach of the MPP Ethics Code (which was the IC's subject ). Whether Blair was wrongfully dismissed is not a subject falling under the MPP Ethics Code and not something that the IC could have enquired into or opined about. Neither the investigation by the IC nor the IC's report will be relevant, or even admissible, in a trial of Blair's wrongful dismissal claim. (I make no comment on the merit or lack of merit of that claim; I simply point out that it is a subject that was not within the purview of the IC.)

Last edited:

It's a "private Catholic university"--don't know what that means in the bigger picture.

Though re these imported private higher-education institutions, something dawned on me: DoFo's the sort who'd more highly value a DeVry education than a U of T or York education.

Isn't it interesting that the (Progressive) Conservatives will spend thousands of dollars on their own kid's good quality education at expensive private schools, but will spend pennies (sorry, pennies are hard to find theses days, use nickels instead) on the peasants "No Frills" (and past their "best before" dates) education in public schools.

I don't think the Ontario government did anything for this private University. They just showed up for the ribbon cutting.

This school is 15 years too late. Now that the Masters of Education is 2 years and we have too many teachers is the demand still high for schools like this?

Scheer has a party faithful event in Etobicoke this evening. The venue is less than 1 km from Ford's house. Reporters are reporting that Ford will not attend.

Scheer has a party faithful event in Etobicoke this evening. The venue is less than 1 km from Ford's house. Reporters are reporting that Ford will not attend.
Typhoid Duggie?

typhoid.png

Priceless... He is not invited? Shucks, and this was a guaranteed "no boo zone" too.Just wondering which one of the Ford stooges will appear.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if a drunken Ford showed up uninvited and caused a scene?

Not likely to have that happen. Interesting enough Renata was awol at a debate :) I guess they're banking on the fact her name is Ford and the "folks" in Etobicoke will vote for anyone Ford.

Back