Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Look what I've found by a simple URL manipulation:

O_Line_1920x806_Map.jpg
This map is severely out of scale just to emphasize the line and make it appear as they are building a lot more than they are.

Look what I've found by a simple URL manipulation:

O_Line_1920x806_Map.jpg
This map doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing and the stations labeled don't have clear reasoning. It appears that it shows all the interchange and terminal stations in the existing TTC subway stations and stations that interchange (or will) with GO Trains and buses. However, missing are Yorkdale, York Mills, Eglinton West/Cedarvale, UNION, and for some reason Finch West (LRT?) is on here. I'm confused, can anyone explain?

This map doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing and the stations labeled don't have clear reasoning. It appears that it shows all the interchange and terminal stations in the existing TTC subway stations and stations that interchange (or will) with GO Trains and buses. However, missing are Yorkdale, York Mills, Eglinton West/Cedarvale, UNION, and for some reason Finch West (LRT?) is on here. I'm confused, can anyone explain?
Finch West interchanges with the LRT and Union is on there.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt the station names are preliminary, but what the hell? Metrolinx is very selective about applying their naming convention evenly (ex. Jane and Finch on Finch W LRT, all the above stations that have /)

They are getting rid of all those stations...it was on here a few pages back

That map also includes some kind of two stop SSE

That map also includes some kind of two stop SSE
Well, if you go by the logic I proposed in my previous post, then it doesn’t mean anything since Lawrence East and Brimley/Eglinton do not have any GO Transit connections and are not terminal stations, so they’re not labeled on the map.

That has to be the ugliest/dumbest transit map I've ever seen. They couldn't even line the two labelled Spadina stations up correctly. Also, the fact they included the SSE but not the Crosstown is hilarious and bizarre.

Given that many systems use a solid cantenary in tunnels now (i.e. a rail on the ceiling) I'd think the bore difference isn't a huge cost difference. Especially if they go single bore

Single bore and smaller trains. Toronto has absurdly wide subway trains, which is definitely a big driver of the high cost of subway expansions here. Most cities in Europe use smaller and much shorter trains, single bore tunnels and side platforms (not to mention that their stations aren't as grand as ours).

Single bore and smaller trains. Toronto has absurdly wide subway trains, which is definitely a big driver of the high cost of subway expansions here. Most cities in Europe use smaller and much shorter trains, single bore tunnels and side platforms (not to mention that their stations aren't as grand as ours).

I wouldn't necessarily say their stations aren't as grand, other than the overly grandiose ones on the Vaughn extension I'd say a lot of the stations I've seen in Europe in Rome, Istanbul, Oslo, and Amsterdam are more grand or at least equivalent to Toronto's. However, a 2.6 m wide train does generally seem to be much more common throughout the world then a 3.2 one.

I like our wider subway trains. The extra capacity works well too since we build them so infrequently. ;)

But is slows the trains down (longer boarding times). If you have narrower trains you can move them more frequently (and faster) along the line

Back