Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Slowly making an impact:
20190823_101151.jpg

This has probably been answered already so I apologize for the repetition in asking this, but what is the giant hole for? That picture on the last page really shows its depth.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in the thread, but what's the deal with the Stantec building in the foreground of those last pictures? Did the owner refuse to sell to Tridel or something? Its lack of anything at street-level, other than a mini parking lot, will sure look weird beside the Well.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in the thread, but what's the deal with the Stantec building in the foreground of those last pictures? Did the owner refuse to sell to Tridel or something? Its lack of anything at street-level, other than a mini parking lot, will sure look weird beside the Well.

In addition to the building at 401 Wellington being a heritage structure, with a working environment as shown in Gabriel Hurl's photo, a couple of other points.

1. Tridel was not involved in the purchase of the Globe lands property - the purchaser was a consortium formed by Riocan, Allied Properties and Stephen Diamond. Tridel was brought in later when the consortium sold off the residential development rights portion.

2. The parking lot in front of 410 Wellington is actually City property - the south side boulevard for Wellington Street - and continues along that property line all the way to Portland Street. Once the Well project is completed, all the boulevard areas licensed by the City along Wellington, including in front of the properties on either side of the Draper Street intersection, and the Portland Commons building, are to be redeveloped into landscaped areas, similar to (hopefully better) than the the corresponding boulevard area on the north side of Wellington. The entire stretch from Clarence Square to Victoria Memorial Square (Spadina to Portland) should then become the grande boulevard that was originally planned.

Last edited:
So once Front Street gets more fully built out will they then tackle the public realm? And that metal rod the bike is attached to? How is that allowed to happen? Put crude, primitive stuff like that at a mine site in Nunavut. It has no business anywhere in a city or town.

Last edited:

Back