10 York St (Condos @ 120 Harbour, Tridel) - Real Estate -

10 York vs Harbour Plaza (which one to purchase?)

Looks like they've put up those construction entrances along York st for this building...I'll post up pics when I walk by today unless someone else or UT posts it quicker

Hello Guys,

Just need your opinion on this. If you had the choice of 10 York (Tridel) vs Harbour Plaza East/West Tower (Menkes) 2 BD which one would be a better choice from per SF/View/Living/Investment prospective?

2 BEDROOMS (Tridel) :
2C+ NE 830SF 13th Floor $546K
2CR+ SE 830SF 10th Floor $573K

Vs

2 BEDROOM Harbour Plaza (Menkes):

East Tower:
Suite 06 (Coast) 777 SF, Floor 69 (6906): 619,990 (East View)

West Tower:
Suite 06 (Blue) 780 SF, Floor 61 (6106): 566,990 (East View)
Suite 06 (Blue) 780 SF, Floor 64 (6406): 572,990 (East View)
Suite 06 (Blue) 780 SF, Floor 67 (6706): 578,990 (East View)
Suite 06 (Blue) 780 SF, Floor 68 (6806): 580,990 (East View)

PS: West Tower's East View might get blocked by the East Tower ?

Cheers,
CasaNova.

Amazing to see how many rentals are available in this place by Tridel alone. 67 units on the Del Rental website today.

https://www.delrentals.com/condos-for-rent/downtown/ten-york/10-york-street

300 Front is essentially a hotel now I wonder if this property will have the same fate.

Thanks for the share! However, I am not really aligned to your opinion. Rentals are a very different from Air BnB situations... I know many renters and they are respectful and valuable assets to their condo communities.

@TheSix what was my opinion - that 300 Front is managed as a hotel? https://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/living-suites-toronto-toronto1.html

There is absolutely nothing wrong with renting and I would argue it's unavoidable in today's market. If 10 York is managed similarly to 300 Front, I would be concerned about short term rentals and Airbnb. Del Suites allows 30 day rentals at 300 Front.

Last edited:
@TheSix what was my opinion - that 300 Front is managed as a hotel? https://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/living-suites-toronto-toronto1.html

There is absolutely nothing wrong with renting and I would argue it's unavoidable in today's market. If 10 York is managed similarly to 300 Front, I would be concerned about short term rentals and Airbnb. Del Suites allows 30 day rentals at 300 Front.

Understood but I do not think 300 Front and 10 York are fair comparisons. 10 York rentals are not cheap and they don't offer short-term stays ($2100 for a 1 bedroom). There is a large % of million+ units and I doubt the board would ever operate this building like a revolving door. There isn't any indication that it will be run like a hotel.

@TheSix I agree but that depends on the board and unit owner composition. For example, if 20% of the building is owned by an investment company, that's a pretty powerful vote. Not saying they want the building to go this route but I am curious why 300 Front ended up like that.

@TheSix I agree but that depends on the board and unit owner composition. For example, if 20% of the building is owned by an investment company, that's a pretty powerful vote. Not saying they want the building to go this route but I am curious why 300 Front ended up like that.

Great point, time will tell. One big difference is the quality of the build itself, the higher-end finishes, high-tech options (smart home, keyless doors, etc.) and thus the pricy unit prices. I think this should help if from going down the '300 Front' road ;)

What is working against them if the scale of the building and sheer number of units, so I totally see your point.

Hi 10 York residents. How much development levies and education levies did Tridel charge you at final closing? Where there any MPAC reassessment adjustments as well?

Thanks in advanced!

Now that the building is registered, is Airbnb allowed? I saw previous discussions comparing this to 300 Front (where Airbnb is allowed) and while I agree this building has a different cache, it does lend itself well to Airbnb with with keyless smartphone entry) than many condos to date. On the flip side, perhaps the board has seen what has become of Ice (it's essential a hotel with the amount of airbnb'ing) and don't want to go that route. Anyone know anything?

Now that the building is registered, is Airbnb allowed? I saw previous discussions comparing this to 300 Front (where Airbnb is allowed) and while I agree this building has a different cache, it does lend itself well to Airbnb with with keyless smartphone entry) than many condos to date. On the flip side, perhaps the board has seen what has become of Ice (it's essential a hotel with the amount of airbnb'ing) and don't want to go that route. Anyone know anything?
AirBNB is not allowed. Or any form of short-term rentals.

Back