Toronto 199 Church | 124.5m | 39s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

All excellent points. Though there are several great builders who are building for end-users. And hopefully with more industry and buyer awareness that list will grow, and the other larger list of developers milking the system will either have to step up or be marginalized.
I know it sounds almost too good to be true, but this trend has started to happen already a bit, and so I'm hopeful!

Like who? And not small, boutique, luxury buildings that most can't afford anyways. There's Tridel, Daniels and very few others.

Like who? And not small, boutique, luxury buildings that most can't afford anyways. There's Tridel, Daniels and very few others.
I was gonna say, on an established and larger scale, Tridel consistently, and Daniel's on most projects. The others are newer so there is more proof to be seen, but I think they're on the right track and will be keeping an eye on them; state, zinc, devron, north drive, alterra.

I was gonna say, on an established and larger scale, Tridel consistently, and Daniel's on most projects. The others are newer so there is more proof to be seen, but I think they're on the right track and will be keeping an eye on them; state, zinc, devron, north drive, alterra.

The new nes you named. What makes you list them? I’m weary of newer builders. Just not enough of a track record. Alters seems pretty solid. I don’t know them well enough though.

Peter Street Condos was their debut and to this day remains their best work.
I agree. I’ve lived there for a while and it is very well-built except for the tiny main entrance that causes some issues. It is also an AirBnB haven which brought about certain security problems with actual owners-occupied units.

The more I look at Axis the more I like it. So here’s hoping this 199 Church going to look good too. Can’t wait to see the model suites.

when is the Community Consultation Meeting date , .. anyone know ?
Not yet scheduled:

The City Planning Division recommends that: 1. Staff schedule a community consultation meeting for the application located at 193 201 Church Street together with the Ward Councillor. (From Staff report referenced above.)

Have to say I am not at all impressed with the look of the proposed building on that site. I know there are heritage buildings along that stretch and it can be difficult to integrate them into a design but that to me is a clumsy, ugly looking structure IMHO. The sort of 'bump out' towards the top doesn't help. Surely something better can be designed for such a location.

Nice to see they resisted the temptation to erect a glass box. Good to see red brick all the way up and attractive proportions. Not sure about those 4 giant columns.

2 questions : 1.>is the north wall without windows/blank? , .. and if so ,2.>? is there the possibility of an other condo/tower inserted where 213/211/209/205/203 Church street now exist.?? . thank you for any info , please.

2 questions : 1.>is the north wall without windows/blank? , .. and if so ,2.>? is there the possibility of an other condo/tower inserted where 213/211/209/205/203 Church street now exist.?? . thank you for any info , please.
The north wall is fenestrated, but if the three properties between this site and Social's site were assembled, yes, I believe there is space for one more tower in there, but it would have to be quite narrow.

Back