Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

I believe it will stay close to the same height. Though if the market turns for commercial it could shrink/cancel, but that is a separate scenario.

From what i understand this has already been redesigned and reduced and will go to city council for the final report and approval in the first quarter of this year
I doubt much is going to change from the most recent rendering

A Final Report will be submitted for Council's consideration following community consultation, the resolution of outstanding issues related to this application and the holding of a statutory Public Meeting under the Planning Act. The approval target timeline for the Final Report is anticipated to be in the first quarter of 2019.
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.TE33.47

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hub will fill-in the gap nicely.

A bit of an aside, but it's a shame how Harbour Plaza was allowed to put up what is essentially a blank wall facing the Commissioner's Building.

Maybe it'll be fixed sometime in the far future I suppose.

A bit of an aside, but it's a shame how Harbour Plaza was allowed to put up what is essentially a blank wall facing the Commissioner's Building.

Maybe it'll be fixed sometime in the far future I suppose.

I'm personally much more offended by this tower which goes right around and over the Harbour Building. I agree with the rest that it's a very nice building, but I just can't get over that it's right over the Harbour Building. I really wish it was on a different site, with this site getting something more slender (but as tall) so it wouldn't have to stand right over the Harbour Building.

I'm personally much more offended by this tower which goes right around and over the Harbour Building. I agree with the rest that it's a very nice building, but I just can't get over that it's right over the Harbour Building. I really wish it was on a different site, with this site getting something more slender (but as tall) so it wouldn't have to stand right over the Harbour Building.

The structural design of this tower is the precise result of having a large floor plate without impinging on the Harbour building - it isn’t something likely to be done in a different context in Toronto. Trading floor plate with additional height wouldn’t fly either. This rationale was actually explained in the presentation at the previous appearance at the April 2018 WT DRP:

(Oxford/RSH)

Personally I find the typical Toronto way of doing things - facadectomy - to be far, far more offensive. This solution is sensitive and preserves the building in whole.

AoD

Last edited:

Back