Toronto One Front | 170.86m | 49s | Larco | a—A

Wait, the city has its own zoning amendment underway on the site? what? Why are they bothering if there is a privately initiated one underway at the same time? What's going to happen, the city will pass their by-law and it will be amended almost immediately by the landowner's by-law amendment??

Seems silly to me. Anyone have an explanation as to why they are doing this? I haven't seen it before.

Wait, the city has its own zoning amendment underway on the site? what? Why are they bothering if there is a privately initiated one underway at the same time? What's going to happen, the city will pass their by-law and it will be amended almost immediately by the landowner's by-law amendment??

Seems silly to me. Anyone have an explanation as to why they are doing this? I haven't seen it before.
The only people who can create or amend a by-law are the City so I do not know why you think the land-owner can pass one. (OK, if the landowner appeals about a City by-law to LPAT and they amend things then he City' by-law gets amended but it is never 'the land-owner's by-law.)

The only people who can create or amend a by-law are the City so I do not know why you think the land-owner can pass one. (OK, if the landowner appeals about a City by-law to LPAT and they amend things then he City' by-law gets amended but it is never 'the land-owner's by-law.)
It's the owner initiated by-law. It needs city approval but the private landholder is preparing it.

CIBC Square 3?

“If we had room for a Phase 3, I think we’d be looking at that very seriously,” says Jonathan Pearce, Ivanhoé's North American executive vice-president for leasing. He sees transit as so important that it has, in effect, shifted the centre of Toronto’s core south toward Union Station, where all modes of transit converge and where the only certain downtown service expansion is in the works.

Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...toronto-cant-build-office-towers-fast-enough/

Problem is, office towers are no more immune to mediocre design than condo towers. In either case, it seems to me would be all too easy indeed to botch a project like this, with its huge heritage component.

There may be hope yet for a galleria along the laneway!

I'd much prefer if Ivanhoe Cambridge acquires it, and expands 141 Bay a bit to encroach upon the back of DPB. Convert the planned laneway into a covered galleria that preserves the integrity of that back wall. You know, kinda like what they did just up the street?
N5ffeBR.jpg

Back