Toronto Union Park | 303.26m | 58s | Oxford Properties | Pelli Clarke Pelli

I like the idea but the highrise buildings should be only a certain height being too close to CN Tower. You don't want to give the CN Tower a dwarfed look in my opinion.
I think it would greatly improve the overall skyline aesthetic to have something very tall (say 300m) near the CN tower. The CN tower would still stand out from the pack by a big margin and would look even more impressive. Right now the skyline looks funny with the tallest height peak separated from everything else.

Yeah I think it might look cool to have more impressive buildings near the CN Tower. Would distract from the City Place garbage and junk condos near the tower on the edge of South Core too.

There should absolutely be more impressive towers near the CN Tower. As the office skyline creeps westward, it'll happen eventually. Front Street deserves so much better than the MTCC. I hope whatever comes up to replace the old Oxford Place plan is just as good as what was proposed before.

There should absolutely be more impressive towers near the CN Tower. As the office skyline creeps westward, it'll happen eventually. Front Street deserves so much better than the MTCC. I hope whatever comes up to replace the old Oxford Place plan is just as good as what was proposed before.
I agree, hopefully Fosters is still involved

I agree, hopefully Fosters is still involved

Absolutely. The designs they had for Oxford Place back in 2012 were perfect. Hopefully Oxford only put it on hold as opposed to fully scrapping it. Given that the Union Park display from a year or so back looks like it kept the same design for the towers, it's entirely possible that they still exist.

The problem with massive skyscrapers near the CN Tower is that they would render it much less appealing as an observation tower. The original Oxfords would have obscured the CBD and much else to the northeast.
The two Foster towers i think were planned @ 325m each which would be a bit bellow CN Towers main observation deck at 346m,
but then again you have the option to go up to the Skypod @ 447 meters...so it wouldn't be a big deal

The two Foster towers i think were planned @ 325m each which would be a bit bellow CN Towers main observation deck at 346m,
but then again you have the option to go up to the Skypod @ 447 meters...so it wouldn't be a big deal
Even at 325m, it would unfortunately block much of the view from the main observation deck. Do we know whether the city would have permitted towers of that height at that location? I'm all for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Hey any hope we have for a Rail Deck park will have to come from developers cause this city has no money for such a massive undertaking

Chicago's Millennium Park was built by a Public-Private partnership where wealthy Chicagoans donated huge sums of money to get the Park finished. Why cant this not happen in Toronto?

Hey any hope we have for a Rail Deck park will have to come from developers cause this city has no money for such a massive undertaking
The parks department approves this message ?(and are really anxious that the rest of the city doesn't discover how much S.42 money they have stored up)

Chicago's Millennium Park was built by a Public-Private partnership where wealthy Chicagoans donated huge sums of money to get the Park finished. Why cant this not happen in Toronto?
Because Toronto politicians are in a league of their own, and they would find a way to botch and screw up the process leaving private donors running away.

I always tell people; if a private donor stepped up and offered Toronto $1 Billion to help build a specific subway (ie: DRL), politicians in this city would find a way to start bickering over whether the subway should be built in the first place.

Back