Pics taken Feb 13, 2019

DSC02051.JPG

fullsizeoutput_206b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_206c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_206d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2075.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2074.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2073.jpeg

I realized the other day when driving on Bathurst that this development is going to REALLY change the view from the bridge over the train tracks, which is a popular location for photos. A large part of the downtown skyline will be blocked and replaced with these buildings. I hope it's worth the trade!

Anyone know how the retail leasing is going on this one ? That's always one thing that had my concerned, I think the offices / condos / rentals will do great no problem (and some have already done so)

Anyone know how the retail leasing is going on this one ? That's always one thing that had my concerned, I think the offices / condos / rentals will do great no problem (and some have already done so)

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about that much. If I were to do a marketability study on this, I would look to current population within the close vicinity, and projected population in the future. In both cases, there is a sizable market. Income demographics are very high as well. Yorkdale as a regional mall pulls in many people from all over. While this won't be a super regional like Yorkdale, it will be a sizeable retail location on the west side of downtown, with lots of residents already built in, a GO station adjacent (still planned right?) and something of a tourist hotspot given the outdoor market atrium design. It will also pull in people from Toronto, but also from other cities like Yorkdale I think.

On the latest Riocan investor's call I believe they mentioned that they are initiating substantial leasing efforts this year. They were waiting until they had most of the office space secure so they could give potential retailers a better sense of what the immediate demographic mix of the area (and The Well) specifically would be.

On the latest Riocan investor's call I believe they mentioned that they are initiating substantial leasing efforts this year. They were waiting until they had most of the office space secure so they could give potential retailers a better sense of what the immediate demographic mix of the area (and The Well) specifically would be.

RioCan isn't leasing the office space, Allied is. RioCan is retail only.

Ah gotcha, ok that makes sense i.e. it isn't being actively marketed yet - ok, time will tell !

Back