News   Apr 18, 2024
 720     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.8K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Think about it, then apply a liberal amount of common sense and logic without wearing a Ford Nation hat.
FWIW, I vote NDP, but it was your question regarding possible savings/losses over investing potentially unlimited funds now over future societal costs of not investing. It was your question, so tell us.

FWIW, I vote NDP, but it was your question regarding possible savings/losses over investing potentially unlimited funds now over future societal costs of not investing. It was your question, so tell us.

I have nothing to tell, I think I made it perfectly clear, there are no savings, other than shoveling the care from one department to another. So cutting cost from care and education results in moving the "problem" to a different department - namely welfare en other social services. Which of course falls under a different department and budget, in the end we still pay for such services through our taxes. Children deserve to be educated and grow to their full potential, regardless of their ability and if it takes special education or intensive care to do so, so be it. No caps. How hard is that to comprehend?

I have nothing to tell, I think I made it perfectly clear, there are no savings, other than shoveling the care from one department to another. So cutting cost from care and education results in moving the "problem" to a different department - namely welfare en other social services. Which of course falls under a different department and budget, in the end we still pay for such services through our taxes. Children deserve to be educated and grow to their full potential, regardless of their ability and if it takes special education or intensive care to do so, so be it. No caps. How hard is that to comprehend?

In complete agreement but I think its important to add that there is a difference between 'no caps' and @Admiral Beez 'unlimited funds'.

No child's bill is going to be 20M

A majority will need less than $140,000 in care, I would suspect (though I would stand to be corrected on this as its not my area of expertise)

The issues w/caps are that they are arbitrary sums which inevitably harm the children/parents w/the greatest needs; and further than this reorganization involved no new net dollars in an area that is under funded.

The object is to invest as much as one reasonably can and to provide medical professionals the discretion to determine whose situation merits what level of intervention.

This program serves neither interest by placing an arbitrary cap, with arbitrary age limits and providing insufficient dollars for care.

The previous Liberal variation was also flawed in this latter space; but at the least they got the former two right, eventually.

Autism group says Health minister warned of ‘long, hard four years’ if they didn’t support all government changes...

"The minister (Lisa MacLeod) also indicated that if a quote of full support for the government was not forthcoming, a communication that autism behaviour analysts are purely ‘self-interested’ would be released from her office".

51984873_2248567685357215_4684690639869181952_n.jpg

From link.

Honestly my stratagy of whining about harrasment would have been more effective than the apologize an hope it goes away strategy.

I stopped coming to urban Toronto, months and months ago until today and now I l\know why I stayed away. This garbage with people on here refusing to accept the Liberals lost and the things said about Ford and how the l.iberals got away with murder.

I sue to be a liberal and further left than that, But over the years, the Liberal nonsense push me further and further to the right.

Its true what people say, Liberals loose and they try to get change through the courts and shutting down people by calling them racist, etc, etc when they do not agree with them.

I stopped coming to urban Toronto, months and months ago until today and now I l\know why I stayed away. This garbage with people on here refusing to accept the Liberals lost and the things said about Ford and how the l.iberals got away with murder.

I sue to be a liberal and further left than that, But over the years, the Liberal nonsense push me further and further to the right.

Its true what people say, Liberals loose and they try to get change through the courts and shutting down people by calling them racist, etc, etc when they do not agree with them.

In respect of the conduct of UT members or non-government 'Liberals' capital or small "L" .

You don't quote a single post establishing your case.

Not one example.

Never mind a pattern's worth.

While I wouldn't doubt their are Liberal apologists here at UT I would not call that normative.

This forum has always critiqued those in power irrespective of party or ideology.

That Doug Ford is not a popular figure here should not be confused with Liberal apologism.

At best, 60% of Ontarians and more Torontonians voted against him out of the gate.

That his early months in office have not been a raft of unending accomplishments (to put it charitably) is really indisputable fact.

If you come here and on that basis adversely judge most forumers here........you were never fit for any discussion forum where educated and thoughtful discourse is the norm.

I am not mad that the Liberals lost. In fact, I wanted them out of power for a while. That doesn't mean that I can't dislike this populist nonsense that Doug Ford is doing. Can't you accept that he is unpopular, even among PC voters? My dad thinks he is a disaster and he hasn't voted for a Liberal for a long time.

I am not mad that the Liberals lost. In fact, I wanted them out of power for a while. That doesn't mean that I can't dislike this populist nonsense that Doug Ford is doing. Can't you accept that he is unpopular, even among PC voters? My dad thinks he is a disaster and he hasn't voted for a Liberal for a long time.
I also didn’t vote Liberal as they had to go, but I voted NDP. Bu I am glad Horvath isn’t the Premier

If I compare Ford to Dalton McGuinty and his first few years, then Ford looks like the best Premier ever. At this rate, the PC's would win 5 elections. Remember McGuinty promised to not raise taxes, and then brought in a Health Tax and he de-listed eye-care and chiropractor services. Although this forum leans much farther left than even Toronto, I think the general consensus is the Ford is doing an ok job.

Back