News   Mar 28, 2024
 303     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 335     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 694     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

So basically a bunch of privileged white people are harassing an elected woman and the media is reporting it as if they are justified in doing so. Typical white elite media turning a blind eye to harassment against minorities.

So basically a bunch of privileged white people are harassing an elected woman and the media is reporting it as if they are justified in doing so. Typical white elite media turning a blind eye to harassment against minorities.

I doubt you'll find a single parent of an autistic child who considers their lives privileged, at least not in the context of their confrontation of the minister.

Also, that's a bit of a sad attempt at trying to turn this into some sort of attack on McLeod. She's a politician who helped enact these laws, and has been tasked specifically with talking on them. If you want to play "boohoo, poor politician", then apply the same yardstick to politicians on the left, too.

Women are not a minority. Nor are white people, in this country.

As for harassing.............they were holding a peaceful protest outside her constituency office, that's allowed in a democratic society.

SHE, as in the minister CHOSE to come out and engage w/the crowd. That does not meet the legal or moral definition of harassment.

Huh? She is the one punishing families of autistic kids.

I think people really didn't get or purposely tried to ignore the actual point I was making. Maybe I was being to "meta" with my non serious post but people took it too literally so I am going to respond to each post and explain the obvious thing you are missing. :cool:

Let me be clear I am happy that McLeod got given a rough ride. Politicians should be accountable for there actions. I think these parents are misunderstanding the scope of the autism funding changes but that is really besides the point since I think they are 100% within their right to do this.

My point was mocking people who cry harassment whenever people disagree with their political decision. This is particularly effective if you can claim racism and or sexism as well. For example, when there was a huge uproar about he treatment of Iqra Khalid after she proposed a motion that seemed to focus on discrimination of one racial group. After public backlash she started complaining about racism when in reality people just didn't like her proposed motion. This is just one example and it happens at all levels. I think the MP from Ajax did something similar as well.

It is true that conservatives and or white people do pull this as well but they generally less effective and they generally will do it as a part of another subgroup like the "Attack on Alberta" thing that is going on Federally.
I doubt you'll find a single parent of an autistic child who considers their lives privileged, at least not in the context of their confrontation of the minister.

Also, that's a bit of a sad attempt at trying to turn this into some sort of attack on McLeod. She's a politician who helped enact these laws, and has been tasked specifically with talking on them. If you want to play "boohoo, poor politician", then apply the same yardstick to politicians on the left, too.
Wait are you actually trying to claim that the parents are not part of the privileged class because of there skin colour? I am very offended by this. ;)

Ironically I think you are proving the point I made in your last paragraph except the roles are reversed

As for harassing.............they were holding a peaceful protest outside her constituency office, that's allowed in a democratic society.

SHE, as in the minister CHOSE to come out and engage w/the crowd. That does not meet the legal or moral definition of harassment.
I am really glad you responded to this because it reminded me of another incident that was very similar to this. You were very quick to defend Kristyn Wong-Tam after she wrote a long whiny letter about being harassed at a community center by "muscular men" when I see very little difference between the two incidents. I know you will most likely find a reason to differentiate the two but too me there is no practical difference other than the media reaction.

Also women are considered a minority group in many equity related laws despite this mathematically not being true. This is done due to historic discrimination against women. Seems like a convenient deflection. It would be like me arguing white people are a minority in Toronto because they make up less than 50% of the population in the city of Toronto. It doesn't take into account the historic power. Or at least that is what people who are highly concerned about this type of this stuff say. I couldn't care less.
Huh? She is the one punishing families of autistic kids.
This is really besides the point. Politically, people who attack minority politicians have historically been attacked using similar language to what was used in my post. I just felt the need to actually be consistent on this point.

I am really glad you responded to this because it reminded me of another incident that was very similar to this. You were very quick to defend Kristyn Wong-Tam after she wrote a long whiny letter about being harassed at a community center by "muscular men" when I see very little difference between the two incidents. I know you will most likely find a reason to differentiate the two but too me there is no practical difference other than the media reaction.

I think there are some very tangible, indisputable differences.

Lets begin w/the fact that Wong-Tam was quietly touring a facility without media present and did not expect to engage with anyone.

The minister CHOSE to come out of her office and engage.

That right there is a huge difference.

Second in Wong-Tam's case, the group was dominated by large muscular men, who were video'ing her and throwing specific accusations at her in a confrontational manner.

The Minister was facing a protest over action she definitely took (no one disputes the choice she made, only whether its a good one), and the crowd skewed female w/kids and did not suggest a looming physical confrontation).

Third the accusations against Wong-Tam were made by a self-interested political opponent not aggrieved regular citizens.

Fourth, the accusations made against Wong-Tam have not been substantiated to the best of my knowledge, and certainly those concerning the rec. centre itself and her plans for it are utterly absurd.

Fifth, the issue of her sexual orientation was raised because homophobic remarks were allegedly made against her previously by members of this same group.

Her gender was relevant is so far as the contrast in the number and size of the people involved as compared with her own. Non-issue if one man is talking to her while dressed in normative attire. Not the case here.

There is a real issue at times w/people playing an identity politics card without a valid reason and/or doing so when it just doesn't serve their arguments well.

This is not such a case.

Its equally tiring to hear from the same people over and over again about how woe begotten they are because they ever hear such an argument, which they invariably never see merit in at all.

Last edited:
Wait are you actually trying to claim that the parents are not part of the privileged class because of there skin colour? I am very offended by this. ;)

Ironically I think you are proving the point I made in your last paragraph except the roles are reversed.

One can be both a member of a privileged class (white) and member of a non-privileged class (LGBTQ+, Muslim/Hindi/Jew/Sikh, Disabled). Privilege is not a binary and should be taken in context, which is why I used the words “in the context of their confrontation of the minister”.

I’ve had many friends with disabled children (learning disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy), and have personally seen the emotional, social and functional toll it takes on families. There is no privilege in this country for those with disability. None.

What the government put out there is little more than a paltry buy off. A guilded turd meant only to look good for PR. I’m livid at the Ford government for pretending this is good in any way. .

Joe thinks these parents are fake... paid protestors with child crisis actors, maybe?

[B]Joe Warmington[/B]‏Verified account @[B]joe_warmington[/B]
FollowFollow @joe_warmington
More
Joe Warmington Retweeted Jordan Dundas ?
I think before protesters and their signs are presented in media, reporters should test their authenticity. Names etc. If those really were angry parents @MacLeodLisa @fordnation are the type to take note and listen to them. But these people didn’t seem to want a conversation...

Last edited:
He deleted his tweet, but was still defensive of Lisa MacLeod

This is really besides the point. Politically, people who attack minority politicians have historically been attacked using similar language to what was used in my post. I just felt the need to actually be consistent on this point.

She isn't a minority. There is no need to defend her vindictive decisions.

I think these parents are misunderstanding the scope of the autism funding changes but that is really besides the point since I think they are 100% within their right to do this.
I think the Conservative staffer who quit, who is interviewed in this news report, has a pretty good grasp on the amounts being bandied about. Feel absolutely free to correct his figures since you appear to have an 'inside source' according to your stance, to dispute them:
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?cli...eNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=UEdlIFi
You claim to be taken seriously when you're kidding, and then kid when you want to be taken seriously. I call that a 'Con Game'. Trouble is, no-one here is falling for it.
I see. Yes, "MacLeod".. ummm...early Philistine? She can't be one of us, nosirreee....

And yeah, she's a minority alright. All alone in the world, with no-one to love her. Not even her fellow Cons.
November 15, 2018 1:03 pm
Lisa MacLeod advocates for mental-health support following comments in Patrick Brown book
TORONTO – Ontario cabinet minister Lisa MacLeod says she wants to ensure anyone who discloses their mental-health struggles isn’t ridiculed, undermined or made fun of.
[...]
She says mental health is not a laughing matter and added that she wanted to encourage anyone seeking support to get the help they need.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4666274/patrick-brown-book-macleod-mental-health/

I'd suggest that MacLeod practice what she preaches...although it is asking a bit much of this present regime in QP.

Wow, Joe isn't exactly helping his own side with his Twitter conduct. The Stun doesn't care of course.

EDIT:

Now MacLeod is retweeting him. Keep in mind that her own party is holding back support right now, so she is desperate for it.

Last edited:
Beware "crazy Marxist nonsense" like campus radio, dental plans and health insurance...

The premier in the latest PC party fundraising appeal: "Students were forced into unions and forced to pay for those unions. I think we all know what kind of crazy Marxist nonsense student unions get up to. So, we fixed that. Student union fees are now opt-in."

Last edited:
Beware "Marxist nonsense" like campus radio, dental plans and health insurance...

The premier in the latest PC party fundraising appeal: "Students were forced into unions and forced to pay for those unions. I think we all know what kind of crazy Marxist nonsense student unions get up to. So, we fixed that. Student union fees are now opt-in."
Though I am certainly not in favour of allowing student fees to be optional, I am afraid the current scandal about the Ryerson students and their credit card expenses is not going to help the cause!

Well, Autism funding really should not be cut. There are millions affected by it, I don't think it deserves the boot...

Back