News   Apr 23, 2024
 420     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 374     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 619     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Sounds like 4425 will be at Hillcrest tomorrow. 4573 is now at Lambton Yard and will follow shortly, likely after staging at Agincourt first.

TTC 4478 finally left Lambton and is now at Agincourt.

- Paul

4524 is out in service as a 501 right now. http://ttctracker.ca/detail.php?v=4524
Nope, doing an in service test and eastbound on Queen as a dote, as well 4522. Both cars should be in service by Monday. Need to update your page for cars as 4521-25 missing

I think 4425 is supposed to be 4525 at Hillcrest.

4573 will be at Hillcrest Thursday-Monday, depending how fast it gets over to Agincourt and back to Hillcrest.

4526 will be off loaded next week.

4522 has enter service on 509 after 19 days

It was out testing on 501 and ended up on track 17 yesterday.

Last edited:
Nope, doing an in service test and eastbound on Queen as a dote, as well 4522. Both cars should be in service by Monday. Need to update your page for cars as 4521-25 missing

I think 4425 is supposed to be 4525 at Hillcrest.

4573 will be at Hillcrest Thursday-Monday, depending how fast it gets over to Agincourt and back to Hillcrest.

4526 will be off loaded next week.

4522 has entered service on 509

Due to the weather, 4525 will be off loaded when its safe to do so, but not today.

4573 will be shipped to Agincourt and delivery to Hillcrest early next week. No order which will show up first at Hillcrest next week, since 4526 will be in Agincourt when 4573 arrives.

4573 will be shipped to Agincourt and delivery to Hillcrest early next week.

As I posted elsewhere.....

4573 is almost certainly already at Agincourt. Unlike the daily(-ish) roadswitcher which delivers the cars to Hillcrest, there are multiple trains which stop at both Lambton and Agincourt Yards, and thus multiple opportunities each day to transfer equipment between the two.

Dan

For all my oft-times grouchy pessimism I am pleased to see the new streetcars in increasing numbers across the city. They are good looking for sure.

What do people think of the front to front facing seats? My daughters never sit there unless their friends are across. Too many man spreading apparently.

^ I wonder where 4526 got to. Either they are releasing out of order, or it slipped through without our being told about it.

- Paul

Things sure get interesting. This morning, I went looking for new cars. I found both 4526 and 4573 are sitting in CP's Lambton Yard.

Over at Hillcrest, the service track which TTC's spur runs off is full of freight cars. They are mostly loads of some sort of aggregate or clay, I don't know where they are headed but they have been there for long enough that the wheels are beginning to show rust.

Botttom line - until CP moves these loads, TTC won't be getting any deliveries, because the TTC spur is blocked.

4526 had arrived Agincourt a couple of days ago, and arrived at Lambton overnight. One wonders why that move was made, given that any delivery has to originate at Agincourt. And, why 4573 hasn't gone to Agincourt. My conspiracy theory is that cars that sit in Agincourt are tracked against delay metrics, where cars that are sent over to Lambton don't contribute to the count. Railway managers are notorious for inventing moves for cars to keep the statistics looking rosy. Just my cynical theory, but I have seen that game played.

That leaves me wondering where 4525 is. 4526 is the delivery that I had been thinking was 4525. Now that I have the correct TTC number, I have no intel on whether 4525 has even left Thunder Bay.

In other news, 4478 made it to Welland yesterday, so it's likely headed to New York State as first announced.

- Paul

Things sure get interesting. This morning, I went looking for new cars. I found both 4526 and 4573 are sitting in CP's Lambton Yard.

Over at Hillcrest, the service track which TTC's spur runs off is full of freight cars. They are mostly loads of some sort of aggregate or clay, I don't know where they are headed but they have been there for long enough that the wheels are beginning to show rust.

Botttom line - until CP moves these loads, TTC won't be getting any deliveries, because the TTC spur is blocked.

4526 had arrived Agincourt a couple of days ago, and arrived at Lambton overnight. One wonders why that move was made, given that any delivery has to originate at Agincourt. And, why 4573 hasn't gone to Agincourt. My conspiracy theory is that cars that sit in Agincourt are tracked against delay metrics, where cars that are sent over to Lambton don't contribute to the count. Railway managers are notorious for inventing moves for cars to keep the statistics looking rosy. Just my cynical theory, but I have seen that game played.

That leaves me wondering where 4525 is. 4526 is the delivery that I had been thinking was 4525. Now that I have the correct TTC number, I have no intel on whether 4525 has even left Thunder Bay.

In other news, 4478 made it to Welland yesterday, so it's likely headed to New York State as first announced.

- Paul

4478 is on her siesta to New York!

- Paul

Pictured here?

Back