News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 409     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4522 has yet to track still, their also countines to be no CLRVs on Queen, with buses on 501L ( none are tracking, but I can confirm ), and Flexities on 501A.

Last edited:
4522 is now tracking, but 4524 still not.
4523 is being prep for service.

4524 is not only tracking, but heading to St Clair for testing.
4522 is heading to Long Branch for testing.
4523 was still in the service bay at 2 am when I went to bed and 11 days to enter service.

I guess TTC will see it around Feb 8-12, based on 4572 delivery.

Looks like Kingston is doing 4572 up based on these 2 deliveries, with Thunder Bay doing up to 4571.

I do not recall seeing any official delivery schedule update from BBD or TTC comments thereof for 2019 thus far.

It may be moot, as the rest of the cars are supposed to be delivered by end of FY 2019.

That means they need to deliver roughly 20 per quarter. 10 every 6 weeks. Anyone think that BBD will deliver 6 more cars by Feb 15? They need to, to get back on track, if you forgive the play on words.

The reason for my comment is that so far, Bombardier seems ambivalent to any shortfalls year to year. And if the past 3 years are any indication, they don't seem to be able to dig themselves out of a shortfall resulting from a slow first quarter.

I do not recall seeing any official delivery schedule update from BBD or TTC comments thereof for 2019 thus far.

It may be moot, as the rest of the cars are supposed to be delivered by end of FY 2019.

That means they need to deliver roughly 20 per quarter. 10 every 6 weeks. Anyone think that BBD will deliver 6 more cars by Feb 15? They need to, to get back on track, if you forgive the play on words.

The reason for my comment is that so far, Bombardier seems ambivalent to any shortfalls year to year. And if the past 3 years are any indication, they don't seem to be able to dig themselves out of a shortfall resulting from a slow first quarter.

I don't know if that is possible. Q1 is always slow for BBD, it's like the one part of the year where they purposely try to slack on the order..

I don't know if that is possible. Q1 is always slow for BBD, it's like the one part of the year where they purposely try to slack on the order..

More likely because the plant was down for the Christmas and New Year's breaks. Now they are back up, and have to get back into the grove, and do some catch-up.

Was riding 5520 on Spadina yesterday. Nothing like the smell of new streetcar in the morning.

That smell is so nice, I agree. I was on 4515 not long after it was delivered back in December, and it had that smell too.

EDIT-Did 4522 just enter service on 501? If it did, A this is the first time a vehicle has entered service on 501 and B, I believe it did.

Last edited:

Back