News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 885     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Oh for Christ’s sakes.
We really need to stop delaying with this snake oil company.
/cue the apologists.
well considering Metrolinx has a history of obstructive and non-cooperative behaviour related to the progress of these vehicles, blaming the manufacturer, then trying to use that to get out of the contract only to be shot down, who's the real snake oil company?

Oh for Christ’s sakes.
/cue the apologists.

The line is still almost 5 years away from opening. I don't think that we need to fret about not being ready in time.

Now, if we only had 3 cars a year before opening, that would be something to be concerned about.

Dan

Oh for Christ’s sakes.
/cue the apologists.

Yep, really need to with another company that isn't as... slow about deliveries.

The line is still almost 5 years away from opening. I don't think that we need to fret about not being ready in time.

Now, if we only had 3 cars a year before opening, that would be something to be concerned about.

Dan

Think you're doing your math wrong. It's 3-4 years away from opening.. not 5!

Think you're doing your math wrong. It's 3-4 years away from opening.. not 5!
Isn't opening date still September 2021? That's barely over 2.5 years away.

Which would mean that in 24 months they should be all but finished, with vehicles able to run to Kennedy (or at least Science Centre), for testing.

I"m more convinced that they'll have enough vehicles to test in 24 months than some of those underground caverns will be passable! All those new photos they just released of each station don't fill me with confidence. There's a lot of work still to do underground.

Isn't opening date still September 2021? That's barely over 2.5 years away.

Which would mean that in 24 months they should be all but finished, with vehicles able to run to Kennedy (or at least Science Centre), for testing.

I"m more convinced that they'll have enough vehicles to test in 24 months than some of those underground caverns will be passable! All those new photos they just released of each station don't fill me with confidence. There's a lot of work still to do underground.

Mount Dennis, Keelesdale and Oakwood are the three most advanced stations at this point, and these are also the three stations that need to achieve substantial completion early, to allow for LRV testing though the westernmost segment of the line.

Still a lot of work to do at Keele and Caledonia, but we can see the platform level starting to take shape. It doesn't seem that outlandish to me to suggest that in 6 months to 1 year, these stations will be ready for LRV testing.

Idk about the rest of the stations though! Forest Hill/Bathurst Station is still a pile of mud. I can see why Crosslinx wanted to accelerate the work here. It looks like the least completed station on the line:

Mount Dennis, Keelesdale and Oakwood are the three most advanced stations at this point, and these are also the three stations that need to achieve substantial completion early, to allow for LRV testing though the westernmost segment of the line.

Still a lot of work to do at Keele and Caledonia, but we can see the platform level starting to take shape. It doesn't seem that outlandish to me to suggest that in 6 months to 1 year, these stations will be ready for LRV testing.

Idk about the rest of the stations though! Forest Hill/Bathurst Station is still a pile of mud. I can see why Crosslinx wanted to accelerate the work here. It looks like the least completed station on the line:

Doesn't look like much progress.

Back