News   Apr 24, 2024
 907     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 607     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

That's awesome...I talked to the builder today and they said the some excuse about water pressure which I don't buy.

Have just visited our unit, there is no plumbing in for the bathroom, our build sheet does say 'replace bath with double headed shower'...shall be popping in regularly to check.

Dumb question... can we just show up and mosy around to see our units?

some phone shots from today :

the view:

Image001.jpg

our unit in its current state:

Image005.jpg

scary to think we are supposed to be moving in in 3 weeks....

Image006.jpg

Gentian,

probably not, I just happened to see a builder and asked him to let me in, he did, he could equally have just ignored me...I crept around avoiding anyone else... there are signs up saying that certain areas are out of bounds.

This view is so disappointing, so raw...Im on the 7th and we were supposed to move on March 20...which has been pushed back now to April 18...but with that flood excuse they can keep postponing it I guess...

This view is so disappointing, so raw...Im on the 7th and we were supposed to move on March 20...which has been pushed back now to April 18...but with that flood excuse they can keep postponing it I guess...

It will look great come spring!

A week ago it was covered in crap, so don't be too down...I doubt the 20th March will hold, but it won't be too much longer.

Thanks for the consolation...Im really down ....I received a letter advising the moving date is now April 18, but Im afraid it may even take longer...my other concern is that the "service elevator" is right on my living room...I also have a Manhattan....which makes me thing the apartments on that column will be the last ones....

Im on the 7th and we were supposed to move on March 20...which has been pushed back now to April 18...but with that flood excuse they can keep postponing it I guess...

What you're saying isn't inspiring me with confidence. I have a PDI scheduled for March 25th and an occupancy date of March 28th and I'm on the 9th floor. How can this be? Two floors above and moving in sooner? I just checked with Willowfield this morning too.

Regarding the shower heads, why was sammy69 given the runaround about water pressure, while Bugeyedbrit was told the second shower head would be installed? Any chance that it's because you're on different floors?What else could they be skimping on? Has anyone checked their parking spaces or lockers? Are we still getting lockers? Excuse my paranoia, but these so-called minor subtractions are starting worry me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's info. Been a long time follower of this thread and really appreciate all the pictures and reports.

What you're saying isn't inspiring me with confidence. I have a PDI scheduled for March 25th and an occupancy date of March 28th and I'm on the 9th floor. How can this be? Two floors above and moving in sooner? I just checked with Willowfield this morning too.

Regarding the shower heads, why was sammy69 given the runaround about water pressure, while Bugeyedbrit was told the second shower head would be installed? Any chance that it's because you're on different floors?What else could they be skimping on? Has anyone checked their parking spaces or lockers? Are we still getting lockers? Excuse my paranoia, but these so-called minor subtractions are starting worry me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's info. Been a long time follower of this thread and really appreciate all the pictures and reports.

Well maybe the reason is, as I mentioned before, because of the service elevator, which is located right on the column of the Manhattans, even if you are some floors up yours can be ready first...

Thanks for the consolation...Im really down ....I received a letter advising the moving date is now April 18, but Im afraid it may even take longer...my other concern is that the "service elevator" is right on my living room...I also have a Manhattan....which makes me thing the apartments on that column will be the last ones....

Hmmm, I was booked for April 3rd, now 10th (11th I have elevator moving time scheduled). I was going to give my 60 days notice at my current place on March 1st, assuming that end of April would give me enough buffer time. This is making me reconsider. I'm on the 11th floor, so presumably I'll be one of the last.

I think all your questions were answered.

Some observations one week in.
Living in a construction project is not easy, it's loud and it's dusty from all the sheet rock work. We had to buy an expensive Hepa filtration unit and placed dust barriers in all the vents. Work can begin as early as 7am and because we live next to the Manhattan Unit with the outside service elevators, we get the brunt of it. The workers are all nice and friendly.

Tarion is responsive to immediate concerns like leaky sinks, but not to other issues like upgrades they were supposed to do. We had to call in our own plumber to add the water lines for our refridgerator.

When you go into your unit, immediatly go to the white sheets on your window and make sure it states all the things you paid for. Keep an ongoing list for the 30 day deadline to provide issues with your unit. Mine just got added to today with the missing other shower head.

We are not bothering them with cosmetic things like missing cabinet doors, they are generally vendor issues that your list will take care of.

Other than that it's a nice place, our dog loves the dog park down the street and the neighbors are friendly. When done it will be a very nice building.

I spoke on the phone with a rep from Willofield this morning in regards to the second shower head. She specifically stated that they cannot install a second head due to technical reasons (water pressure). I inquired about the white work order sheets that are on the windows of every suite - according to Brit, a second shower head is indicated on those sheets; however, the rep informed me that those are the original work orders that are not up to date. Basically, she said that no one will be getting a second shower, but on the flip side, everyone in the Tribeca will be getting the missing pantry installed approximately one to two months after closing, when everyone has moved in.

The pantry is in a really bad position and I hear they are going to be putting a standard door which will be a problem in that location.

We bought cabinets at Ikea with glass doors and installed them in the hallway area where there is a little cove to use as a pantry. I think I am going to just ask for a credit.

Moving In

Hello,
I have a PDI on March 14th and a closing date of March 19th (im unit 710). I'm a little concerned because i have already given my notice to move out of my current rental unit. I've been trying to find out how to book the service elevator for the move. I've tried contacting everyone and anyone I can and was specifically told to contact Lana, but she does not return my calls. Was wondering if anyone who has already moved in can give me a rundown of what I can expect. I need to be out of my current unit by March 31t.

Thanks all for pics and helpful posts.

Lana is the best person to contact for booking the elevator. I suggest you go to the trailer in the back of the building, they keep the calendar with the blocks of time for booking it there.

I had a thought last night about the flood delay. The flood was an act of vandalism and not nature, I think this might make a difference.

Back