News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Please go back to CPTDB to post your BS remarks like this as they are not welcome here, as while wasting space and people time clicking on your useless comments.

TTC will allow cars to enter service when they feel they are ready for service and all the boxes are check off.

I and assuming others don't care what cars are on what route or when since they change route all the time.

The last time I respond to your posting and have been skipping them here and other places.

I am going to delete that post, I apologize if my posts are a waste of time. I didn't realize.

I think likely the busitution for 501L will happen first with February Board, and construction will pick up eventually.
The information for the February board is out, and there is no bustitution - which isn't a surprise with the tender for construction not even closing for another fortnight. Buses will continue to run on the 502, 503, 505, 506 (AM peak) and 511 routes.

https://stevemunro.ca/2019/01/16/ttc-service-changes-effective-february-17-2019/

At this time, 4519 has made its way back to track 16 in the yard after 21 days. We will have to wait to see what Friday will bring us a car going into service or back into the service bay.

4521 looks like its a day or so from entering service.

No report if 4522 and 4523 have been off loaded this week, but 4524 is in route.

Don't expect to see another car from Kingston until Feb, since they need to pump out 5 more Metrolinx cars and have them delivery by Feb 1 to void the penalty clause that has a higher cost than TTC. Since TTC can't get anymore damages for this delay, BBD is well to eat the delay.

Again, TTC will put new cars into service when they feel they are ready, regardless the order they were delivery to them.

4519 Has enter service on 510 (kg510) after being here 22 days. Been almost a week since it was out in the yard and did a test run to Broadview Station.

4521 still in the service bay.

I have not heard that the TTC has even contemplated getting rid of all streetcars for several decades. Good though that they plan to buy more, they REALLY are needed as the King Project clearly shows that "If you put them into service (regularly), people will come."
The budget document only has 100 cars with deliveries starting in 2025, noting that this would lead to less buses in service in 2026.

This is horrific news - it means they've killed the extra 60 cars which Bombardier could have delivered by 2021, and it means another 6 years of bustitutions.

Why they simply couldn't have pulled the trigger on 30 or 40 of those cars I don't know. At $3.5 million as the option price for additional cars - compared to $7.5 million a car for the second lowest bidder last time (all prices in 2010 dollars), they could easily be paying $750 million for 100 cars instead of $210 million for 60 cars.

Back