News   Apr 15, 2024
 963     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 652     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I understand how they don't have enough space for all those 506 buses to layover at Keele Station but for a 20 min service to not have space?

It's not a bad idea to run another service on Keele from the subway to St Clair. A lot of people would use it and this service would shorted people's walking distance to the stores hiding on Stokyard Rd. Thr whole idea was to have a continuous service on St Clair from Scarlett to Keele but extending the 127 would turn that route into a disaster. Adding a new service and not eliminating the 79B is the best option for the riders.

The 71A had riders despite being a short route. I don't think this would be a useless route. It does it's job of getting people on St Clair to the Stockyards. You might as well call the 71A useless too.

I just think that route might have low ridership, because if you look at the above diagram, see what I mean.

If only they had kept the streetcar loop at Keele Station. From link.

streetcar-4115-02.jpg

ttc-4487-keele-1966.jpg

But then they did get the money from the developers in exchange for the land to build their current residential building.

If only they had kept the streetcar loop at Keele Station. From link.

streetcar-4115-02.jpg

ttc-4487-keele-1966.jpg

But then they did get the money from the developers in exchange for the land to build their current residential building.

If they kept the streetcar loop, 506 could have be routed there instead of in the middle of High Park.

Admittedly, it'd be really cool to have the 506 run through High Park. Call it the park streetcar or something.
I've never liked that it just stops dead. I'm not sure running it through the park makes sense (but who knows, maybe ... up to High Park station though the Park - there's some significant density there).

I've always thought running it up Parkside (perhaps between the road and the park) into Keele station would be optimum, which would increase usage I'd think at the extremes. Or even further up Keele to Gunns Loop - or a new subway station in the Junction if they ever build the Relief Line West.

I've never liked that it just stops dead. I'm not sure running it through the park makes sense (but who knows, maybe ... up to High Park station though the Park - there's some significant density there).

I've always thought running it up Parkside (perhaps between the road and the park) into Keele station would be optimum, which would increase usage I'd think at the extremes. Or even further up Keele to Gunns Loop - or a new subway station in the Junction if they ever build the Relief Line West.

A double-ended streetcar going into Keele Station would be better.

Amazing that that gasoline station at Keele & Bloor is still there and hasn't been redeveloped by now. Could be incorporated into a new larger streetcar and bus transfer platform. Maybe with a condo above it. Then both the 506 CARLTON streetcar and 189 STOCKYARD bus can properly terminate at KEELE STATION.

A double-ended streetcar going into Keele Station would be better.

Amazing that that gasoline station at Keele & Bloor is still there and hasn't been redeveloped by now. Could be incorporated into a new larger streetcar and bus transfer platform. Maybe with a condo above it. Then both the 506 CARLTON streetcar and 189 STOCKYARDS bus can properly terminate at KEELE STATION.

Well, that gasoline station is still there, will have to see what ends up happening at that corner.

Back