Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I know I already asked this but what will retail be like in the new concourse like what might there be? Like a small Tim Horton’s kiosk or maybe the return of Cinnabon maybe even a sandwich place like mr sub or subway. There’s gotta be something going in there when the bay concourse reopens right?

The Bay side was supposedly going to be more mall like retail. The images in the initial presentation showed clothing stores and the like. Think of the type of retail in the RBC building connected to Union Subway station

I know I already asked this but what will retail be like in the new concourse like what might there be? Like a small Tim Horton’s kiosk or maybe the return of Cinnabon maybe even a sandwich place like mr sub or subway. There’s gotta be something going in there when the bay concourse reopens right?
why? the 2 concourses are close and will be linked so they really can have different things.

Osmington are assessing interest between retail and food, I imagine, but they seem to keep the general rental vision for Bay (and below the VIA Concourse) under the radar. Surprised no one here has posted any details yet.
I understand there was a request to city council (which was approved earlier in 2018?) to allow a greater ratio of food outlets to retail than the original plan, indicating to me that the standard mall vision is less likely.
Union Station in DC has a lot of mixed retail, much of it above street level; I hear it was one of the busiest malls in the region after the major renovation of the 80s, but faded in popularity... the food court was awful after the movieplex closed but it bounced back.

Today I noticed a door was in use directly connecting the York concourse to the Front Street moat. It is located near the temporary Tim Hortons. There are a few sets of doors at this location that were previously covered in hoarding.

Today I noticed a door was in use directly connecting the York concourse to the Front Street moat. It is located near the temporary Tim Hortons. There are a few sets of doors at this location that were previously covered in hoarding.

They have been uncovered for over a month if I am not mistaken.

they opened these doors about a month ago - they provide the only way to get into Union at the moment from the PATH path below Front/York

Yes, these have been open some weeks, and I wonder if they get much traffic yet. They are mostly useful for a walking trajectory between the York Promenade ;-) and the tunnels under the York/Front intersection.
Anyone have a clue how long away is an opening of the Front St moat east of these doors...?

Back