Toronto 75 on The Esplanade | 99.97m | 29s | Harhay | a—A

FEB43249-3E66-4CA7-8329-E20B20A4E271.jpeg

A little panoramic - slightly skewed.
They are setting up new stair/scaffolding access to the right where the new fence opening is. More tie back/drilling on the north wall (far right)

That's weird... they moved the entrance ramp.
Why? It is very common to see the ramp moved. The reason is that the need to excavate down to the full depth all over the site and once they have excavated all of the site except the area below the initial ramp they create a new ramp with "fill' and excavate the initial ramp area. Sometimes they then move the ramp back (now using one made with fill) to the initial spot.

Is that the full depth? That's 13 meters down from grade? It just looked too shallow to me.

1544190768781.png

Why? It is very common to see the ramp moved. The reason is that the need to excavate down to the full depth all over the site and once they have excavated all of the site except the area below the initial ramp they create a new ramp with "fill' and excavate the initial ramp area. Sometimes they then move the ramp back (now using one made with fill) to the initial spot.

Interesting excavation. I wonder if there are old tie backs to be exposed and removed from the Novotel parking lot on the west wall. I’m not sure why the south wall is not excavated to the perimeter yet. Reducing the risk of collapse still? Final depth or a little deeper still? I’m guessing deeper. Fun to watch.
1A6101DD-C529-4DAD-BE73-EB08459FE5BA.jpeg
CDBD7827-77F4-4738-9448-5A54B7B5FDDB.jpeg
FF98E5EC-3433-437C-B519-0A7B03A8501C.jpeg
4F9634A5-092A-4CD7-B64C-9A49C9BB659A.jpeg

Yes, if you are far enough away from the noisy bars on The Esplanade, or enjoy the 'action".

Moved earlier this year from Maple Leaf Square to the Market/Esplanade neighbourhood. The difference is night and day in terms of noise. It's traffic which generates the most volume down there and none of it is pleasant - trucks and cars, horns, engines revving, police whistles going non-stop controlling the massive crowds. Not to mention the constant blaring from the Scotiabank Centre. It was unbelievable. A zoo.

This particular corner is going to be very peaceful and yet still in the heart of the City, walking distance to everything anyone could want.

Downtown East has become very livable, growing rapidly in population along with new shops and services. Far, far superior to the Entertainment District and head & shoulders above Liberty Village. And safe.

Downtown East has become very livable, growing rapidly in population along with new shops and services. Far, far superior to the Entertainment District and head & shoulders above Liberty Village. And safe.

Different strokes for different folks, tell most in the Entertainment District/Liberty Village if they'd live east of Yonge?

Different strokes for different folks, tell most in the Entertainment District/Liberty Village if they'd live east of Yonge?

Almost all of the people I know who live in and around King West bemoan their neighbourhood because nearly every Thursday/Friday/Saturday night, they're fending off drunkards vomiting, fighting, and shouting lewd comments at women.

Almost all of the people I know who live in and around King West bemoan their neighbourhood because nearly every Thursday/Friday/Saturday night, they're fending off drunkards vomiting, fighting, and shouting lewd comments at women.
I dont really sympathize with them, no one forced them to move into that neighborhood. They should have known exactly what they were getting themselves into from the moment the decided to move in.

This stretch of The Esplande is definitely a pleasant area to live in though.

Back